Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
I've already got a single card for my digibox.

How can I get another BBC FTV card without buying another digibox to marry it to.

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Genie, I have ordered an additional card from the BBc Free to View ofiice as sky dont take the calls themselves, They will only issue them to households that have an additional digi box (second hand one mayb'e) I ordered ours 3 weeks ago and called them 2day to chace it up they said " All of the cards come from sky services and when they looked at your address they saw that you already subscribe to sky so they will not issue another as you allready have one". I said that this is crazy as I need the ftv card for the additionasl bos so they guy said that the only way around it so that the computer does not pick it up is " When you order one and they ask for your address you give them the house number but prefix the number by a 0" i.e if you live in no' 14 tell them the number is 014 and its for a secondhand box that you now own. You WILL get your ftv card within a few days , this is the only way I know how to get one hope this is of some help to everyone.
The Telephone number is as follows:- 08702 438000 and after the message select option 3 and away you go,

Regards to all,

Dentsy (simon) <@>

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
Cheers m8. Thats exactly what I wanted to know.

BTW, did you have to ring them again to activate the card, or tell them the box no etc.

Basically I want an active card, without having to place it in a digibox and ringing them to get it activated.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
All card issued by the BBC FTV service are usually despatched inactive,unless it is a replacement for a faulty card already issued.

On receipt of a new card it is necessary to place it in the box which you intend to use it in (as the card will be "married" to this box.

Then telephone for enablement of the card on 08702 438000, they will ask for the version number and 10digit serial number from the system details menu.

Of late they have been less co-operative (must be having lessons from Sky!!) asking for the operating system number-: which is 1.2S4BQ and sometimes ask for Version & Serial Numbers when requesting the card.)(-red

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Originally posted by zansi
All card issued by the BBC FTV service are despatched inactive,

Not necessarily,i once had an activated BBC card.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, i had an activated one sent to me once as well, but it was only because after repeated attempts on an old Amstrad, BBC1 wouldn't activate. I think it is used as a last resort.