How to get Astra 2d in Bratislava?

SMc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi, Can anyone recommend dish size and LNB to pick up bbc and itv in Bratislava, Slovakia? Currently have a pace 1200 series digibox, will this work?

Cheers

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
Hi I am 30 minutes west of you (by train) in Burgenland, Austria and I would guess at "at least" a 180cm dish here - no firm details on this though I had one report of ITV from Vienna with a 180cm dish with an Invacom LNB.

I also read that reception of 2D channels in Vienna of is possible with a 120cm dish - I know people there with 120 cm dishes who are not getting 2D channels, so it has to be higher I would say.

If you have any luck, let me know.

Regards,

jno@rocketmail.com

SMc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks Jno, Will let you know how it goes. Got a friend trying a 2m dish next week a bit further east.

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
A contact of mine in Vienna says that with his 1.8m dish,
in the morning there seems to be a weak or no signal and that in the evening he is getting the horizontal transponders only.

This is pretty bad news for us all on this side of Europe so I guess the Olbort report is correct. I hope to perform some tests during July with a digibox and 1.8m dish myself but at present it is looking pretty bad under 2 metres.

dunseath

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

Looks to me as if you should need at least a dish size of 1.8 meters in Linz. That is if about 2 to 2.4 meters are correct for Vienna. Reports of somebody (Terranus) in Munich getting 2d on a 100 cm dish and excellent LNB suggest you might try somebody's 1.5 dish and see if you succeed before you commit your money. See http://www.kingofsat.net/pl/beams.php3?s=52

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Dunseath

dunseath

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tried 2D with 1.8m prime focus Hirschmann dish and 0.7 db hirschmann (allegedly MTI blue line rebadged) LNB
Tried scew, but no joy.

Signal Strength 90-100%
Quality 60%
Receiver Pace Sky +

Will try different LNB and larger dish and report.

So sorry, my recommendatioj for Linz was perhaps a little optimistic