How to get both V and H polarities of C-Band

iqbalbhawana

Reaction score
I am not able to get both vertical and horizontal C-Band channels in DM 800 in advanced mode. I have single solution C-Band lnb installed. To get Vertically polarized channels I use LOF settings as C-Band and for Horizontal channels I have to use User Defined LOF settings. Is there a way out so that I don't have to enter into setup menu again and again to view both.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi ...
I can think of no reason why you cannot scan and store both H and V transponders ..
..Assuming you are using a voltage Switched H/V LNB ...and not a single polarity LNB

You should be able to simply set the local osc frequency to 5150 (C band) ..then perform a scan of all the Transponders on your desired satellite ..
Th DM800 should automatically switch the voltage during the scan ...and so select H or V ..
Store when completed..
The end result should be all channels both H and V in your channel list.
If you are using a single polarity LNB then the polarity has to be adjusted mechanically by a device like a corotor...but this sort of mechanical device requires a set top box with mechanical (5v) skew adjustment /control ..
I doubt the DM800 supports such a device ..
What LNB are you using ?
rgds
VS

iqbalbhawana

Reaction score
Thank you Sir for prompt response. I am using a dual polarity LNBF which is also called single solution due to the reason that it offsets the wireless interference. On other receivers I can scan both vertical and horizontal C-Band channels from this LNB by inputting LOF/L and LOF/H as 5750 and 5150.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
I wish I could help you but I do not know the lnbf type you describe ..
I've never come accross a c band lnbf which switches polarity by chosing a different IF frequency ..
..though its not inconcievable that you could have what is in effect 2 lnbs housed in the same module which has 2 distinct and seperate IF frequencies ...but I see no advantage to it ...unless both Vertical and Horizontal channels are simultaneously received and output down the same cable ..seperated by the difference in IF frequency..
It may just be that the DM800 cannot cater for this unusual lnbf..
If it were me having these compatibility issues ..I'd probably opt for changing the LNBF for a more standard type ...such as the Pauxis available on ebay..
It uses one fixed IF frequency at 5150 ...and the supply voltage is simply switched between 13 & 18 volts to achieve H/V switching..
Sorry I can't help further ...
Perhaps someone else has experience of your lnb type..
rgds
VS

iqbalbhawana

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Those type of C-Band LNB's are available which switch both vertical and horizontal polarities but the issue is that these days some wireless (Wimax etc.) operators are transmitting in the same frequency range as that of C-Band and there is a lot of interference in C-Band telecasts. To overcome this interference we have to use single solution C-Band LNBF. I think dm 8000 caters for single solution LNBF as suggested by someone another forum:-
"Not sure what C-Band LNB is installed in your setup, I'm getting Horizontal/Vertical channels from Intelsat 10 (68.5 E) with Single Solution C-Band LNB using following settings on my DM 8000, hope these will work for DM 800 as well:
Configuration mode: advanced
LOF: user defined
LOF/L: 05150
LOF/H: 05750
Threshold: 06500

(For single solution LNB, frequency of Vertical channels is entered by subtracting 600 for scanning channels e.g. M-Net Movies 1 frequency 3716 is entered as 3116, M-Net Action frequency 3836 is entered as 3236.)"

This solution has not worked for me so far. Maybe I need another threshold level.

Regards

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
how long is your cable form the dish to the dreambox?
i recogneized,that many dreambox stbs change the polarity H is V and via versa,thats very strange,it happen only on this receiver!
i never use lof 5750 type in everywhere 5150
do you have tested your lnb,on another receiver?
looks for me that the lnb has a vault in the voltage swtiching!
how big is your dish for 68,5 e?
currencly here after a blindscan i got between 150 and 175 tv chanannels witht 2,40 mesh!,on this satellite !

iqbalbhawana

Reaction score
On all other receivers both vertical as well as horizontal channels are available from the same lnb. I think I need proper settings for LOF.

Thanks anyway

Satcom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Meter Primestar Elliptical C/KU. Twinhan 1025 PCI(Linux), Coolsat 6000, Winegard 76 cm dish. 8' Unimesh, HCC9300 Receiver.
Diamond 9000 HD, 1m prime focus, 1.2 m prime focus, both on C Band.
My Location
Chicago
Do you have a Bandstacked LNBF? Some receivers will not work with it. H stacked above V.

iqbalbhawana

Reaction score
Finally found a solution. Here are the settings for DM 800 for Single solution C-Band LNBF:

LOF USER DEFINED
LOF/l 05150
LOF/H 05750
THRESHOLD 06500

For Horizontal channels 600 is subtracted from their frequency e.g., 3716 is entered as 3116.

macssam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C-Band DM800 Win Mac Linux
My Location
Belize
how can a DM800 control a chaparral corrotor servo
can this be done with a disqeq switch
I have a Ku C-Band lnb but when inserting the dieselectric plate
to get circular polarity the linear signals are lost

hooking up a second receiver
to switch the chaparral corrotor servo