How to hook up Sky+

siena_us

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi all, I just got my new Sky+ box and will be hooking it up next week. I have an installer coming but since he normally does Italian sat he doesn't know really the Sky+ box.

I purchased the box plus a quad LNB. Can he just hook up the LNB and then run 2 cables from the LNB to the box? Anything else I should be aware of?

Also got an Eye setup to be able to watch on another TV. Is that pretty straight forward i.e., hook up the eye to the new TV, run cable from the box at the other TV to the eye?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give.

Cristina

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the quad LNb is the one which came with the box as standard, it probably will not produce good results on your dish, they are designed for minidishes, does your dish have a two piece LNB (C120), or is it a standard 1 piece universal.

Otherwise the setup is as you suggest.

Grande_Assiette

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Uk and Cyprus -sometimes
Hi Christina

I'm CERTAIN the supplied Quad lnb will be inferior to an Invacom 0.3 Quad... ask you supplier to bring one with a feed horn that will be appropriate to the dish he is installing.. he will understand what I mean, IF his english is good !!

GA in Cyprus
and do let us know what results you get !

lutek lobster

Reaction score
rolfw said:
If the quad LNb is the one which came with the box as standard, it probably will not produce good results on your dish, they are designed for minidishes, does your dish have a two piece LNB (C120), or is it a standard 1 piece universal.

Otherwise the setup is as you suggest.

Rolfw may be right, but I used the quad lnb that came with the box, and here in Poland I'm getting reception as good as anywehere.

siena_us

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
THanks for all of your help so far. I finally got the tech out and he had to order a new LNB as the one supplied did not work with my dish. So now my next question. He set up everything, ran the extra cable but since I only have the single LNB right now, I cannot tape and watch two different shows. That problem should fix in a week when the new LNB arrives BUT I am wondering, I can record a program as long as I am on that channel and the SKY+ box is on BUT if I turn off the box and have planned recordings in my sky planner, it will not switch on. Is this because I opnly have one cable going to the box right now.

AS another example. If I set up two programs to record during the night and I leave the box on and set to the first channel it will be recording, I can get that recording but the other fails and says that it could not find the cannel (when I click on info for the recording).

Any help would be GREAT.

TIA

Cristina