How to instal 2 dishes for one receiver

mpboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
opentel ods 2000 ci
My Location
Malta
Hi, It is possible to instal two dishes instead using a motorised system for the same receiver. :confused With what I have, I get Astra and Hotbird. My receiver is a Opentel ODS 2000 ci, and I have two connected to the same dish.
I attached some pics of my setup. simple but works for me.:)
Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure whether this is a question or not mpboy.:confused

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
youve got 2lnbs connected to one dish,its also possible to connect 1 monoblock lnb that would also do the same thing as what you have there. im glad your happy though.the best part of a job well done,is to have done it. :-)

TWAG

mpboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
opentel ods 2000 ci
My Location
Malta
Hi Rolf, You got me mixed up, I wish to know if it is possible to connect two dishes to the same receiver, I think it is a question, if not ..:confused you got me...

mpboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
opentel ods 2000 ci
My Location
Malta

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
its possible,depends on what you want to do.theres several different options.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, yes it is then, you can use a 2 way DiseqC switch, very cheap and easy to fit. :)

You can actually get four and eight way versions as well. :)

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
ive got the dreambox connected to a visiosat(3lnbs) using a switch that is also connected to the motorised dish and i use the 4th connection on the switch.so ive got the choice of 4 different satellites at the same time.astras 1&2,hotbird and the other depending on where i leave the motorised dish.

TWAG

mpboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
opentel ods 2000 ci
My Location
Malta
Thanks very much Boys, Great help.

hoppo

Reaction score
Twag, why not have just the motorised dish? Is it only for the speed of changing channels or is the motorised dish larger/better then the others?

Hoppo

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
because ive got 2 dreamboxes connected to the visiosat,plus i use the motor for the plaza box.good for feed hunting.the mrs.can watch the dreambox at the same time as doing the blind scans.plus its easier for the mrs with the instant channel change between the 2 astras and hot bird.(you know how women drive cars!! :-) ) i dont want her racking up my triax..haha!!

TWAG

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
in reply to your question hoppo,for what the motorised dish(triax110) can pick up with the plaza box,then its ideal for someone like me.The visiosat is also a good choice,the instant channel change between the 3 satellites is brilliant.Ideal for people that just want to be able to switch on a channel and it comes on,similar to sky but with the choice of 3 sats instead of one.In our case we can switch back and forth between sky and the dutch channels without waiting for the antenna moving.

TWAG

mpboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
opentel ods 2000 ci
My Location
Malta
It seems that you have a very good,well organized sytem TWAG. Maybe someday I will learn to make mine like yours :-)))

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
its very simple,but brilliantly easy and the mrs knows how to work the remote as well. :-) shes got her favourite list sorted,so less headache for me.

TWAG