How to make a wafer autoupdate?

A

alex2k

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 19-Apr-01 AT 08:08 PM (GMT) by 2old4this (admin)[/font][p](Alex's post accidentally edited by tired moderator!! - sorry...

Alex was asking about the sat4all files which contain no MK01 or PPUAs, and about the picbinedit tool mentioned there...

(2old)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I assume that Sat4all have removed the "masterkeys" from their Seca files either to protect the original owners or else to reduce the chances that they get closed down again...

The picbinedit tool is a way of typing the relevant keys back into the hex/bin files - not of programming the files onto the card.

Personally I wouldn't bother. If it's auto-update seca files you're after there are plenty of other sites still offering them up with the necessary complement of keys. And in any event, since all seca providers seem to change keys only once a month, why bother at all? Reprogramming your card once a month is easier than suffering all the reset ecms or false key updates that plague AU cards...

2old

A

alex2k

If they change it once a month then I won't bother me by autoupdating the card.
What do you mean....are the keys at sat4all no good?, do I have to search somewhere else (I already have some other keys)?
thanks

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
It's you that told us that Sat4all auto-update files don't have MK01/PPUA. I haven't checked whether they do or not (I rarely use the sat4all site).
So I'm a bit confused by your asking me whether I am saying their keys are no good. Point is, their files don't (by your account) contain any. At least, not the ones you need for the auto-update bit to work.
Or am I missing something?

In any event there are plenty of other sites out there that offer working AU files.

By the way, I assume in this you are referring to the Dutch Sat4all ( http://www.sat4all.com/ )and not the Russian one ( http://www.sat4all.ru/ )

2old