How to Patch Big Sat Receiver.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
New to this part of the forum, My Neighbour knocked on my door the other day and asked me to look at his receiver that it wont work. He has a Big Sat free to air, no model no on it that i could see. Looked it up on Golden-Interstar website and found that the model no is DSR 8001 Priemium. He must have gotten it as a patched receiver as some ch were gone, ie Multivisions @13e. It needs to be patched again with the latest patch. I never patched a receiver before only updated the software in my technomate. So I need to know how to do it. I downloaded, Downloadprogramme 1.8 zip, Downloadprogramme 3.4zip, & Software Big Sat DSR 8001 Priemium S Zip & Software Big Sat DSR 8001 Priemium D zip.
Which software do i load and which loader will i use. I would try it out myself if I owned it myself but dont want to mess it up. Woul say I have a fair idea but not 100% sure.

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
You must be certain you have the correct software for the model in question as you can wreck the patch if you send the wrong one then just flash the main bin. file to it with the 2.0 version loader and that's it it's the same as the others.

BTW you list 2 bin files make sure you use the right one VERY IMPORTANT M8!

Cheers

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
pajo100 said:
You must be certain you have the correct software for the model in question as you can wreck the patch if you send the wrong one then just flash the main bin. file to it with the 2.0 version loader and that's it it's the same as the others.

BTW you list 2 bin files make sure you use the right one VERY IMPORTANT M8!

Cheers

Thanks for the reply
I only have the 1.8 loader, would that do. Think I have the right bin file as only one loads up. Wont do it yet until certain. Will look around for the 2.0 loader.

brewby

Reaction score
Be aware that if you downloaded the updates from Golden interstar they will overwrite the patch and you will lose the abillity to watch encrypted channels, you have to use software that has been worked on and are usually an image of someone else's reciever. Have a look at sat experts website you can find the latest software files there, also do not use the new style files they do not support the cam emulator.

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
My Location
Ireland
Yep that one is ok BTW where did you purchase your Interstar as I am looking for a newer model In N.Ireland.

sylvebay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed Dish, 83 cm, using Technomate 1500 ci Digital Receiver
My Location
Spain
I think I have wrecked my patch loader by upgrading to the wrong version, is there any way I can undo this? It means I can no longer upload the keys etc. Please help?

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
First get the original loader and soft from the manufacturers website and upload to your box and then put the correct patch for your model on and it should be okay.:D