How to receive Fashion TV satellite channel

rrglasgow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD Multiroom
My Location
Glasgow
Hi again apologies if this is a repeat of a prior question.

I have SKY+HD and up until a few years ago they broadcast the channel FTV (Fashion TV) but then took it off there EPG.

I have tracked the channel down to HOTBIRD and was wondering what type of system I would be best to buy to receive this.

I have another receiver from one of the LIDL satellite systems and this seems to be able to scan for HOTBIRD but obviously my Sky dish in in the wrong position.

Should I just get a quote for another dish for that receiver or would I be better buying a complete system?

Also my partner enjoy watching football as most do and we have the complete SKY package but could we find the likes of home games on a system?

Thanks in advance

Richard, Glasgow

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
There aren't many channels showing Scottish football, if that's what you're after, but plenty of satellites do show the Fashion Television channel, quite a few of which are FTA, Free to Air, check the link below:
Code:
http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?&standard=All&ordre=freq&question=FASHION&filtre=Clear

Personally I would advise you to look at a motorized dish, maybe something like a Penta 85cm, to give you more viewing options. Once you get into viewing various satellites, and seeing what's available, then you can consider a more advanced receiver, other than the Lidl one.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There are a few channels the Lidl receiver will get, even on the Astra 2 platform (it's not just one provider), but unfortunately the channel you want isn't on there.

Check very carefully with a local installer that you can have a dish that picks up signals from other positions, a larger dish will not, for example, go on a chimney that is already occupied with the fixed one.