How to record satellites programs???

sundowner263

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D Super
My Location
Cumbria UK
I live in the UK. I want to record program from my receiver Fortec Star by using Video recoeder. PS. I also have SKY tv so be aware so many scatrs and cables etc.

Mant thanks

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
How may scart sockets does your video recorder have? Does it also have separate phono inputs - these might be another possibility.

You would have to then arrange either a scart-scart or scart-phono lead between the Fortec and your video recorder.

Some more information about how everything is currently arranged would help.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Here's how to use an RF lead...

Before you begin, get your RF leads ready (Coaxial or TV connector).
RF stands for Radio Frequency, and the signals travel through these leads in the form of radio waves. This signal is the same as the signal which is picked up by your TV aerial (in fact you can use RF leads as extensions to your aerial).

Step 1: Connections

Connect your receiver to your video like so:
Plug the RF cable into the VCR.
Plug the RF output of the receiver.
Plug the RF output of the VCR into the RF input of the TV.

Step 2: Tuning

Now you need to tune the receiver into the VCR, starting with the TV:
Find a spare channel on the TV (channel 0 is a logical choice).
Put a video tape in the record VCR and play it.
Tune the TV until you see the video.
Next, tune the receiver into the VCR in much the same way:
Make sure the TV is still tuned to the record VCR.
Find a spare channel on the VCR.
Select a channel on the receiver.
Tune the VCR channel until you see the channel (just the same as you did with the TV).

Step 3: Record

Place the tape you want to record onto into the VCR.
Tune the VCR into the receiver channel.
Press "Record" on the record machine.

sundowner263

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D Super
My Location
Cumbria UK
Hi Paul,

I have one free scart sockett free on video and one on receiver.
I have normal sky dish for sky tv which is normal connection between TV and Video. My satellite receiver straight connected to TV with scart and connection from Satellite dish to receiver.
Paul i have already tried this scart connection from receiver to video but didn`t work. I also tried coax cable connection but that damaged the video recorder now its broken. But i have spare video recorder .

What u recond?

Many thanks

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I don't know why a coax connection would damage the video, I think it was probably coincidence. Unless, possibly you connected it to the RF2 output of the digibox and the digibox had the 9 volt supply switched on - that mijght do it.

Are you in the UK? If you're not then I doubt you could get it to work properly anyway as the digibox outputs PAL I signals and most of Europe uses PAL B/G. The result would be video recorded but no sound.

Going back to the scart, I don't know why it didn't work. You should have connected the socket marked VCR on the Fortec to AU2 socket (the one that's NOT marked TV) on the Video. Then select AU2, Input 2, Line 2 (or something similar) as the source on the Video.

That should do it. I don't know the Fortec so can't be specific, I'm afraid.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
On some Fortecs (not mine, possibly the Lifetime models) RGB and CVBS is selectable in the menu. You need the latter for VCR scart out. RGB no good for standard VHS recorders obviously.

Llew