• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

how to scan Cable tv services ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Satellite Setup
what ?
Hi, I have a DM500s and I am trying to figure out a way to search for available cable tv services (NTL, UK). However, I dont have an idea on how to set the satellite configuration since there is no satellite to select becuase it's cable I want to perform the search on. I mean , ususally, where I point my dish, this is the satellite I select. But since I want to scan for cable services ... dont know how to do that...

your help is appreciated in advance.....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
No idea I'm afraid, not even sure that you can with a dreambox, as they are using different modulation.

pothead13

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
500C (DVB-C) for cable. does this open cable chanels then like uk gold

My Satellite Setup
DB500, DM800 (snide), MBOX cam, DiSEqC Motor
My Location
London
NTL and TW use Nagra and it has been compromised, therefore with the right emu's and keys you can open all (apart from video on demand).

I aint got digital cable so I have not tryed it, but a Dreambox is very similar too a DBOX2 (German Linux cable box).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
OK, I think that has about answered the question, bearing in mind that the forum rules preclude discussion of hacking cable, I will now close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.