how to set 3 LNBs to skystar2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky star 2 pc pci card
My Location
Iran
hi. i wanna know how to set 3 LNBs to my skystar2. my satellites are hotbird 13e and Nilesat 7w 102 103 and eutelsat w3a. i use prog dvb std. i aslo wanna know if there is any other way to use 1 lnb by 2 recievers other than the dual lnb or loop between the recievers, i mean sth like a switch to make 1 to 2 ! thx in advance

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky star 2 pc pci card
My Location
Iran
Manimasoud6542 said:
hi. i wanna know how to set 3 LNBs to my skystar2. my satellites are hotbird 13e and Nilesat 7w 102 103 and eutelsat w3a. i use prog dvb std. i aslo wanna know if there is any other way to use 1 lnb by 2 recievers other than the dual lnb or loop between the recievers, i mean sth like a switch to make 1 to 2 ! thx in advance

I have installed the dish and i've aligned all 3 LNBs. I wanna know how to use the DiSEqC option. please give me a complete guide. thx

shahidka

Reaction score
i m also searching how to use diseq option with SS2. its not working with me

foxtail

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lots of computers and two sat dishes
My Location
Canada
Diplex switch would be your friend.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
shahidka said:
i m also searching how to use diseq option with SS2. its not working with me

There are plenty of instructions on multiple lnb setups on this self help forum but you have to look and read them, nobody is going to write you a tailor made tutorial

@foxtail a diplexor is not going to help at all, that is used for mixing terrestrial and sat signals

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
foxtail said:
Diplex switch would be your friend.

Did you mean DiSEqC switch?

foxtail

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lots of computers and two sat dishes
My Location
Canada
Diseqc was what I wanted to say. A little too many brown pops. Diseqc switch is easy. If you can...scan each sat. first without the switch...save all the channels. Shutdown all your stb stuff, hook up diseqc switch to the lnb remembering which sat is which. Turn on your equipment...go to satellite setup....pick diseqc under setting and change each port to the lnb that you put them on. You should be able to view tv after that. That is from memory so your setup may be different but it should be about the same with each stb box.

shahidka

Reaction score
i used Microbox Diseqc 2.0 switch with my SS2 using Progdvb and DVBDREAM but its not satisfactory at all. It doesnt works with two satellites using KU universal Lnb's like Hotbird and Eurobird 9. It works good only when one of the satellites is in universal ku band and other one is C band