How to set up Dreambox step by step !

Status
Not open for further replies.

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
If you are still having problems evostik, you could keep unzipping the satan key bundle until you are left with 'var > keys & scce' folders, then using DCC highlight the CONTENTS of these folders (not the unopened folder) and transfer them into the respective dreambox folders ie:
VAR keys (skb) >> VAR keys (dreambox)
VAR scce (skb) >> VAR scce (dreambox)

Always good to learn a few different ways of doing things!

Regards,
Ollie

evostik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500.
Sat is static,it is 1.35 mtrs.transponder is astra 2a/2b/2d (28.2)
My Location
Spain
:-doh2

Hi Ollie,
Thanks for your reply,what is DCC ?

evostik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500.
My Location
Spain
:confused
Hi Ollie,

The satan files are transfered to the dreambox,and are in the VAR FILE.

I am not able to install them onto the dreambox because I am not getting the prompt to install,I cannot go to the next step,can you please advise ?

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
DCC = Dreambox Control Center.:)
I have attached a picture of two methods of installing the satan key bundle. The quality seems to have suffered since I first made it, If you can't read it I will try and upload a better quality version tonight.

Regards,
Ollie

Attachments

• How%20to%20install%20a%20Satan%20key%20bundle.JPG
    How%20to%20install%20a%20Satan%20key%20bundle.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 325

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
evostik said:
:confused
Hi Ollie,

The satan files are transfered to the dreambox,and are in the VAR FILE.

I am not able to install them onto the dreambox because I am not getting the prompt to install,I cannot go to the next step,can you please advise ?

I am not going to get upset, but I am close to running out of petrol :)
What promt are you on about?? Loading keys into the dreambox with the satankey is a piece of piss, I can't understand what the problem is. Please answer these questions precisely:
1) Did you put the satan file in var/temp using an FTP program?
2) Did you use the remote as I suggested in post 20, i.e blue button, addons, download and install , manual install, and then click on the file you have placed in the var/temp?
3) Did you unzip the files before FTP? Make sure you put the satan file without touching it into the var/temp, i.e. do not unzip them before FTP.

TG

evostik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500.
My Location
Spain
:-worship

Hi Ollie,

Okay,
q.1----YES.
q.2----YES.
q.3----YES. I fickin did unzip em before FTP !

I will have to try and delete the file,asap......

Cheers buddy for your help !!!!!!!!

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
No probs mate, just want to see it up and working for you.
I have attached a better quality 'how to', (hope this is ok to attach here).
The guide is for a TM9100 but the proceedure is the same.
Regards,
Ollie

Attachments

• How to install a Satan key bundle.pdf
    125.1 KB · Views: 291

evostik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500.
My Location
Spain

Hi Bud,

Do I unzip or not,on the file you kindly gave me suggests that I do ?
Just want to be crystal clear matey,need to get this up and running so I can watch the footy !!

Regards,
B...........

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
Depends on how you want to install the key bundle, if you're going to ftp the file into the 'Var/tmp' folder then the file needs to be '.tar'.
If you're going to to install the keys folder to folder then unzip it fully.
If you get the files showing as the picture you should be fine.
It pays to see the two methods of installation as you may use a 'dreambox key file' sometime and this uses the second (righ hand) method.
In DCC you can also edit the key lines if there is no bundle available and you only need to change a row or two, of course you will of needed to have previously installed a key bundle to edit!
Hope you are up and running now.

Regards,
Ollie

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
I give up...I thought it was clear from my earlier post, but clearly I am too.....:

Make sure you put the satan file without touching it into the var/temp, i.e. do not unzip them before FTP.

Listen, a far better method: Take the keys and copy them to whatever directory you like, just do not use the var/temp. Try var keys. Draw a pentagon on your living room floor and light candles and stinky fragrances. Then randomly press the coloured buttons of your remote while chanting KEYSkEYSKeYSABRACADABRA; reboot 5 times, reboot a laptop that is not conected to your dreambox, turn the light off 3 times. Then try to see if the channels are working. :)

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
evostik,

The file is downloaded in '.tar.zip' format.
Unzip this file ONCE to make it '.tar.gz'
FTP this to 'var/tmp'

If you leave it exactly as downloaded and ftp it to your var/tmp it will not show when you try and install it (using your remote).

I have just double checked this (with latest gemini image) and it failed to install, if you get this problem the delete the key bundle out of your dream and install using method two (right hand side on the guide).

Let us know how you get on mate.

Regards,
Ollie

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
v9oly said:
evostik,

The file is downloaded in '.tar.zip' format.
Unzip this file ONCE to make it '.tar.gz'
FTP this to 'var/tmp'

If you leave it exactly as downloaded and ftp it to your var/tmp it will not show when you try and install it (using your remote).

I have just double checked this (with latest gemini image) and it failed to install, if you get this problem the delete the key bundle out of your dream and install using method two (right hand side on the guide).

Let us know how you get on mate.

Regards,
Ollie

I am not sure what is going on here.
The file you need to download is the satankeybundle_06.10.07.tar.bz2
Download it as it is and DO NOT TOUCH IT
Put it in the var/temp and it works, I just checked it a minute ago and it is fine.

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
Hi TG,
Not disputing your method, I was referring to the top file (see info) I have not tried the second file as it states for vision GP 4.0 and I am using an older one. It states that you can use .tar.gz files which I can only get if I unzip this file once, before this it is .tar.zip.

Important
Gemini has made some news in the tarballs, so now you can use tar.gz and tar.bz2 for manual install as earlier.
This is only from the vision GP 4.0 for DM500-DM600-DM7000-DM7020

News tar.bz2 To Gemini
Copi to /tmp, then manuel install under blue buttom

How to install satankeybundle??!!

Attachments:
satankeybundle 06.10.07.tar.zip (I chose this one)
satankeybundle 06.10.07.tar.bz2

Kind regards,
Ollie

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
Have just tried the second file (.tar.bz2), apologies for clouding the issue with talk of the other file.

Regards,
Ollie

evostik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500.
My Location
Spain

Hi Ollie,

Have installed the latest key bundle (satankeybundle 06.10.07.tar.bz2 ). I am using camd3.891 and I am still only getting FTA channels.Really confused now !!:confused

Regards,
B.

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
Hi evostik,
have installed the same file and am clearing d+ ect fine, using MgCamd-1.25, also checked CCcam-2.0.3 all ok, (haven't got camd3.891 installed so can't check). Could try these?
Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Ollie

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
evostik said:

Hi Ollie,Have installed the latest key bundle (satankeybundle 06.10.07.tar.bz2 ). I am using camd3.891 and I am still only getting FTA channels.Really confused now !!:confusedRegards,
B.

That's it! )(-red
I am closing this thread, there is no use in trying to explain something to someone who refuses to read the answered posted. We have already explained in two posts (17&18 of this very thread) that you can't get anything on the satellite you are pointed at.
So either you are trying to wind me and Ollie up, or you are not mature enough for this forum. When members, mods and admins are taking the time to answer your questions, the least you can do is read them!

Status
Not open for further replies.