How to setup up different images with different LNB & sat settings..?

pacmyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7000S
Project Gemini 4.40
Nabilosat Darkstar II
My Location
Stockholm
I have one setup at home with an 4-way LNB, and another setup at the summerhouse with an 2-way lnb. I also use different satellites and in the summerhouse i mostly watch only FTA channels.
I would like to be able to bring the dreambox with my to my summerhouse everytime I go there, and therefore I would need to be able to select one image when Im at home and another one in the summerhouse, where each one cantains their individual satellite settings. I'm using flashwizard multiboot. As far as I can figure out all the installed images seem to share the same "global" sat + lnb settings, or am I wrong? If I start messing around with the LNB settings in one image, the settings will take effect in the other one too.

Do you have any solution for this? I would be greatly thankful.

Im using GP. 4.70 on DM7000S.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @pacmyc,

Yes, you can do exactly what you want to do using FlashWizard and two Gemini 4.70 multi-boot images.
Run FlashWizard, install your first Gemini 4.70 multi-boot image and give it an image name of (say) GP 4.70 HomeImg.
Set-up the image with the LNBs and sats that you will use at home.
Next and very importantly, run FlashWizard and before installing the second Gemini 4.70 image be very sure to UN-check the 'SmartSettings Copy from active image' box.
Now you can install the second Gemini 4.70 multi-boot image and give it an image name of (say) GP 4.70 SummerImg.
Set-up the second image with the LNBs and satellites you will use at the Summerhouse.
There will be no interaction between the two images.
When at home, you re-boot and select the 'Home' image.
When at the Summerhouse, you reboot and select the 'Summer' image.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes, John.

pacmyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7000S
Project Gemini 4.40
Nabilosat Darkstar II
My Location
Stockholm
Ok so it's that easy!? I will try it out. Thanks!