Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Hello!

I have my motorised dish (on the wall and wired up; Motek HH motor) and DB500 all ready to go, but where do I start?! I've read all the FAQ's (doom9/ Klona) and on here but my head is too full!

What do I do first? Flash a new image onto the DB? I have DBedit installed and have setup networking from PC to DB OK.

A quick "do these steps" would be much appreciated (doesn't have to be detailed), a kinda "do in this order"...

The dish is pointing at 0 degrees and have a satellite finder inline.

Anyone?!!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
Hello!

I have my motorised dish (on the wall and wired up; Motek HH motor) and DB500 all ready to go, but where do I start?! I've read all the FAQ's (doom9/ Klona) and on here but my head is too full!

What do I do first? Flash a new image onto the DB? I have DBedit installed and have setup networking from PC to DB OK.

A quick "do these steps" would be much appreciated (doesn't have to be detailed), a kinda "do in this order"...

The dish is pointing at 0 degrees and have a satellite finder inline.

Anyone?!!

You will need to get flash wizzard pro installed on your computer to load a flash image into your db. Make sure its an 500 image. Or ou need to download dreamup if you cant get that with a null modem cable. Havent done a 500 box only a 7000 and 5620 ones. Is your motor set up to sats or have you to line up your dish?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Done nothing to the dish. Have flashed with hydra500_phoenix_108_final.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
And after re-starting it after the flash it is f**ked. Green light stays on, no picture, no ping. And no rs232 cable... bugger.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
And after re-starting it after the flash it is f**ked. Green light stays on, no picture, no ping. And no rs232 cable... bugger.
You need to set up your dish to receive a satellite. ie say 19e . So try and tune it in 1st.
No picture because its not tuned in. How did you do a flash to the box?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
No picture as in no OSD. :( The green light on the DB stays on and pressing any key on the remote does nothing. Also cannot ping it any more.

Used DreamUpLAN to flash- followed the guide on here to do it (BIGonnaStick?).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you can get an image installed, then you need to concentrate on your dish setup. There are several threads on setting up the Moteck SG-2100 and you need to follow the steps without deviation.

PS. Always useful to know where you are to work out the dish settings, that is why we put the location field in the user profile.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
No picture as in no OSD. :( The green light on the DB stays on and pressing any key on the remote does nothing. Also cannot ping it any more.

Did you hold the buttons to flash erase it.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I didn't touch any buttons- my PC is upstairs and DB is downstairs. Did I need to do something on the DB to flash it as well (which 3 buttons)?

My Location is
Lat:52:11:56N (52.1988)Lon:2:13:13W (-2.2203) I set the disk and motor up for latitude and elevation as per the instructions in the boxes, just not sure what to do on the DB to set the dish up. But until I get an rs232 cable I won't be able to do anything.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
I didn't touch any buttons- my PC is upstairs and DB is downstairs. Did I need to do something on the DB to flash it as well (which 3 buttons)?

My Location is
Lat:52:11:56N (52.1988)Lon:2:13:13W (-2.2203) I set the disk and motor up for latitude and elevation as per the instructions in the boxes, just not sure what to do on the DB to set the dish up. But until I get an rs232 cable I won't be able to do anything.

How did you flash it so

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands

I followed the guide and ran it from my pc- with a "flash was successful" type response when ran...
and it's a DB500 - there are no buttons on the front of the box other than "stand-by".

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
OK you have 2 probs (1) No boot up (2) Dish not motorised yet. Forget about(2) which is easy and comes later, first concentrate on (1). Use dreamup with null modem cable, not dreamuplan. Untick 'network' and try to flash the official image. If it doesnot connect leave it overnight then try again.

Also, after you flashed with the Hydra, the DB IP has changed, that is why you cannot ping any more.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Thanks. No cable so off to pcworld.....

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
Thanks. No cable so off to pcworld.....

I dont really know about the 500 box, but you need to flash erase the image you installed. As PDC says you can change the ip address on the box when you open up the image: menu >set up.expert set up>communication set up> untick DHCP, tick enable network, enter your ip and save.
Get a copy of the 500 manual on
http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/Bereiche/Produkte/downloadscenter.php

Also dream up for the 500 on the same site.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
PC world shut..

I can set the IP no problem (when the box is working). DreamUpLAN said "flash succeeded" but obviously didn't. When I get a cable will try again.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
PC world shut..

I can set the IP no problem (when the boz is workign). DreamUpLAN said "flash succeeded" but obviously didn't. When I get a cable will try again.

Can you use flash wizzard pro 5.0 with the 500, if so you dont need to flash erase it because it does it for you. It only takes 2 mins to flash an image. Try it out. You dont need /null cable.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
PC world shut..

I can set the IP no problem (when the boz is workign). DreamUpLAN said "flash succeeded" but obviously didn't. When I get a cable will try again.

Read up on how to flash erase the box, you have the image installed. It only needs to be flash erased.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I did this:

The first step ufter unpacking the zip file and installation is to connect to the Dreambox. You will have to enter the IP of your box. (Screenshot 1) and then press either quick flash or save mode (I would sugggest save mode, and later when more familiar with the thing try the quick)

So you press "Save Mode" and then "Connect". You will get a "Welcome" message (screenshot 2). Obviously if your DB is a different type one the message will be slightly different.

Then you press "Send Login" and after that "Send Password". You don't have to put any password or similar, they seem to be already in the program. You will then get the "BusyBox" message (Screenshot 3).

After that you are ready to load up an iamge. Press "Send File, and a up pops a pop up where you can choose the image file. This needs to be an *.img file and not a zipped file. (screenshot 4).

The file will then be loaded onto your Dreambox.

The next steps are "Erase". When you press this, a warning message appears. Press ok, and you have started the road of no return. There is a status report on the bottom left corner of the window.

When the erase is finished, you will get a message that the flash is erased , and that you can continue to program. Press the "Flash Box" and pray.
When everything is finished, you get the "Congratulation" Message

I then restarted the DB (uplugged it & plugged back in). Now at the blank screen stage (no OSD).

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
I did this:

I then restarted the DB (uplugged it & plugged back in). Now at the blank screen stage (no OSD).
Its probally ok so. the reason you got the blank screen because there is nothing playable in the directory. Press the up button on the remote, you might see the info bars. If that dont show anything you will just have to wait until you get the null cable. As i said earlier I dont know the way around the 500. If the info message you got on screen says that you were successfull well then you might be there. Can you get into the menu with the remote. if so you might just have to tune into a sat.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Tried the up channel on remote- no joy. The success message was on the PC not the DB500. I'll try again when I get a cable.

Thanks for all your suggestions! :)