How to tell if my motorised setup is correct?

mcgivernb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised:Technomate 1500CI+,90cm ISS dish & TM2100A
Sky+
My Location
Leeds
After much research on this excellent forum I finally decided to take the plunge and install my own motorised system!

All seems to be working fairly well but I'm not sure if I am getting all the channels I should be able to with my setup! I have been reading as much as I can on Lyngsat and looking at the beam coverage but I'm not sure how strong the beam should be for me to pick it up!

I live in Leeds at 53N 1W roughly and have a 90cm ISS dish. I get a lot of channels from 4W to 28.2E, nothing on 23.5E and not much else on any of the other satellites. Am I making the most of my system or is it likely that it isn't setup well enough and I should be getting a lot more channels?

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Sounds like a bit of a tweak might be in order assuming that 4W is not a physical limit at your location.

23E is a bit of a tricky one but there is a strong transponder on there for you to align with. There a quite a few more satellites of interest to the west of you. http://www.lyngsat.com/atlantic.html

Rgds

L.:)

mcgivernb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Leeds
Good stuff. Thanks a lot for the tip about 23.5E. That will help a lot with that one.

My physical limit is about 22W and I have no limit to the East. Which other satellite from 4 to 22W would you say is best to focus on? Got any good TPs you would recommend for those satellites as well?

Thanks again

mcgivernb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Leeds
Many thanks once again. I'll give this a go tonight and see how much tweaking I need to do!

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
not getting any thing on 23.5e might be because of the dish size and the footprint of astra 3a

try tweaking the dish elevation and maybe the lnb skew

also did you get your system from a sat shop in leeds , do you know of any good ones ?

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
wod said:
also did you get your system from a sat shop in leeds , do you know of any good ones ?

I dont know of any good satellite shops in leeds but i know of "a" bad one.

KC Satellite Centre in pudsey. Id stay well clear of them. or should i say him.. He will rinse and put you out to dry :(

mcgivernb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Leeds
Been away for a few days so sorry for not replying earlier...

I actually bought my motorised setup from an eBay shop as I couldn't get a decent price from anyone in Leeds (about £230 including delivery)

I also sent the following eMail to Technomate hoping that they might be able to guide me about how I needed to tweak my install but I haven't heard back yet.

"I recently purchased one of your TM-2100A DiSEqC Motors and I need some advice about how to install it.

I live at 56N 1W so I followed the instructions in the booklet provided and
set the elevation angle based on 56N (34), using the markings on the bracket provided with the motor. However it doesn't say anywhere in the booklet where on the pole attached to motor you mount the satellite dish itself! It suggests you use the line down the pole to mount the dish perpendicular too but it doesn't say how far up or down the pole you should do this, so I went for some where near the middle!!

The second problem I had was that a declination angle was specified but the bracket on my satellite dish has no markings on it, so I didn't know how
to set this. In the end I pointed the dish in the direction of 1W and moved
it up and down until I got the best signal I could using a satellite finder.
Now when I attempt to track an arc I get channels on 4w, 1W, all the way
through to 28.2E (except for 23.5E) but pretty much nothing outside that.

I believe that this is because I have not got the declination correct and/or
the satellite is not mounted on the motor pole at the correct point?

Any help/advice/additional documentation you could provide would be greatly appreciated. FYI I am using a Technomate 1500CI+ with a 90cm dish so I believe I should be getting channels on the other satellites.
"

Wonder if anyone out there might have installed one of these motors before and know the answer? Cheers

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
now that your going mototrised update your profile:)

as for not picking anything west apart from thor (if you mean no signal)suggests your pole is not 100% vertical ? have you checked it thoroughly as your waisting your time otherwise

mcgivernb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Leeds
Profile duly updated. Looks quite impressive now that profile for a newbie! :)

When I was doing the install I did check the pole was completely vertical so I'm sure it can't be that. Any other suggestions?

Cheers

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
its either your lattiuide wrong . or your dish is not square on the polar mount , is my guess .ps whats is your lign of sight , any trees peaks of roof etc , remember they block out sats,