How to unpack Newcamd

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
What is envolved in 'un packing' the likes of Newcamd?
In Stick's guide to upgrading newcamd he states 'Before you continue, get the full proper NewcamD download. Unpack it, and familiarise yourself briefly with the content'
Im sorry about these simple questions but im just an 18 yr old dreambox owner who wants the most out of a motorised system. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have tried following sticks guide,but when i connect my DB to my TV after I find that I still have Newcamd 5.14! :(

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
one word of warning ... i once found that after updating a cam that it still showed the old version number when i rebooted the box ... but, it was the new cam! ... msybe it was a bug in the image which just was not updating the version number..

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
is your Dreambox connected to you PC, and if so have you setup access to the internet for your Dreambox

also try a reboot..

press all 3 button in on the Dreambox at the same time..... its a bit like ctrl+alt+del really

it wont do any harm, just resets what you have, but you wont loose any info

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
timbo86 said:
What is envolved in 'un packing' the likes of Newcamd?
In Stick's guide to upgrading newcamd he states 'Before you continue, get the full proper NewcamD download. Unpack it, and familiarise yourself briefly with the content'
Im sorry about these simple questions but im just an 18 yr old dreambox owner who wants the most out of a motorised system. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have tried following sticks guide,but when i connect my DB to my TV after I find that I still have Newcamd 5.14! :(
LOL.

If you read the bits at the end of the guide, it says "Things I don't know how to do.... 1) Get the version number up to date". So although it's a bit irritating, the proof of the pudding is in the opening of the channels. If TPS opens, then it's on V5.25!

HTH

Stick