How to use SKYNET with PROGDVB

abaoel

Reaction score
How can I download files using SKYNET with PROGDVB? Please help.

clarence

Reaction score
when u install the skynet exe, tell it to add module to prgdvb, then open up your progdvb modules folder. open the skynet.ini file and add pids [down near the bottom of the file] and also change the drive directory that u want files saved to eg
disk=d:\
dir_temp=d:\inet\temp
dir_ok=d:\inet
you may have to create a folder inet and a folder temp within inet.
It is a fantastic module, I have files up to 1.6 gig, very kind to cpu.

abaoel

Reaction score
Thanks Clarence! it work, but now I need to know how to use it. Can you provide me with a dummies guide on how to download file using SKYNET and on which satellite should I point my dish.

Anybody there other than Clarence would like to help me. thank you in advance.

clarence

Reaction score
Well basically, the g key brings up the file types and min max file sizes. U use the arrow keys to scroll and the + & - keys on the numpad to edit file sizes , adding a plus to a file type tells skynet to grab that sort of file. pushing g again makes the edit screen disappear and ctrl+s saves your edited setting. then the arrow keys scrolls up and down the stripes and the delete key will delete a file that is highlighted. m & n keys scroll the text info at the bottom of the screen.There are a few more commands that will take too long to describe but there is an english translation of the readme floating around somewhere. Its all a bit dossy, but easy to get the hang of. I am in Australia so I have limited sats to play with. Lyngsat shows data transponders [the pink ones] and footprints for sats. Hope this helps.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hi,

Would one of you mind explaining what SKYNET is and what it's capable of?
Sounds very interesting...

Stick.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hmmm, and there was me thinking that they were the guys that sent the Terminator...

clarence

Reaction score
skynet is an offline downloader program like progfilegraber but capable of getting huge files.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Cheers. Where can I get it?

Stick.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Good man, thanks a bunch.

clarence

Reaction score
abaoel said:
Do you know where can I get download schedules. Thanks

sorry abaoel I am not sure what you mean by download schedules. Have you been having any success with the skynet module?

abaoel

Reaction score
clarence said:
sorry abaoel I am not sure what you mean by download schedules. Have you been having any success with the skynet module?
Hi Clarence,

I see the bars going up and down, but one of my friends told me that there are schedules on the internet of files (DIVX FILES) to be transmitted. Those are the files I want.

Best Regards

clarence

Reaction score
I think skynet is always going to be pot luck, if you leave it going 24/7 you should get some large avi files. I have experimented with a few different sats and sp's. some have heaps of traffic but low bandwidth, lots of timeouts, others have low traffic and occationally very high bandwidth users. The fastest I have seen so far is 350 kbps, but that is rare. an average good speed is 50kbps. A friend of mine got a 1.8 gb game last week. Do you have some different sats and isp's to experiment with?

Lucifer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo ci converted to OpenBox.
Sky_star 2 PCI card.
Nokia DBox2c.
Sagem Dbox2c.
60cm Channel Master @ 28° ALPS LNB.
60cm Channel Master @ 19° Syntec 2000LNB.
Diseq Switch.
Panasonic TU-DSB30.
Duolabs Dynamite & Cas2+ interface. Matri
My Location
Staffordshire
Hi, can you point me in the right direction for skynet.exe please

abaoel

Reaction score
clarence said:
I think skynet is always going to be pot luck, if you leave it going 24/7 you should get some large avi files. I have experimented with a few different sats and sp's. some have heaps of traffic but low bandwidth, lots of timeouts, others have low traffic and occationally very high bandwidth users. The fastest I have seen so far is 350 kbps, but that is rare. an average good speed is 50kbps. A friend of mine got a 1.8 gb game last week. Do you have some different sats and isp's to experiment with?
Thanks for the info Clarence.
My sat is pointing at EUTELSAT W3 OPENSKY INTERNET.