HTPC SKY HD UK working!! Also Viewing card has been out of my SKY BOX for months!!

texx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Intel Core2Duo E6600
2 GB RAM
500GB HARD DRIVE
NVIDIA 7300 WITH PUREVIDEO
HAUPPAUGE NOVA S2-HD
SKY SUBSCRIBER
My Location
Neverland
Hi Mark SS, Have you tried NCE SoftCam instead of NDS softcam? Ive picked up on another thread on the messageboards where NCE was used with sucess. Id give it a go but ive got rid of my stuff on ebay

Not quite up for the job, but from what I can remember:

Serial Port should be port 4
Baud Rate should be 38400
set the Pheonix to 3.57mhz

When the odd DCW packets are failing does it still display a picture on DVBViewer?

Whitey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FireDTV DVB-S
TT S2-3200
Dragon CAM X 2
Full Sky HD
My Location
Notts, England
I had all this working a while ago using newcs/wincsc. With this a could watch different channels on different PCs on my LAN with one viewing card but not two channels on the same machine. If one of the channels was a HD channel then occasional the picture would freeze for a second (this does not happen with my dragon CAM) I was using DVBViewer on each PC with a DVB-S card in each PC.

Whitey

MarkSS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TT3200/TRex/Sky
My Location
UK
No joy with this in DVBViewer - no picture and DCW packets failing. In MyTheatre NDSCam reports the DCW packets are ok but I get no picture. Back to the drawing board!

thesparhawk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan Sat-CI
My Location
Australia
Hi guys.
I have managed to get it working but am having a few decryption probs when I change chanel. This is just a quick update and I will do a decent post shortly once I manage to fix it.
Cheers
thesparhawk

texx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Intel Core2Duo E6600
2 GB RAM
500GB HARD DRIVE
NVIDIA 7300 WITH PUREVIDEO
HAUPPAUGE NOVA S2-HD
SKY SUBSCRIBER
My Location
Neverland
is the encryption method in australia the same as in the uk?

thesparhawk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan Sat-CI
My Location
Australia
Hey Texx
Yeah I think it is a little different, but I think it can be soughted out. We work off NDS and Irdet2. I have had some joy with both but am having a few hiccups after a channel change
Cheers
thesparhawk

Uncle_Festa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Trying to work this out
My Location
UK
Right well firstly I am new to all this so please excuse me if I start by asking some stupid questions :)

1 - What pheonix card readers do you guys use?

2 - I was having a look at this http://www.twinhan.com/product_satellite_s2_CI.asp, it has a CI slot for use with a CAM. Will this be compatible out of the box if I get a suitable CAM? If so what sort of CAM should I get?

3 - Any recommendations for the best hardware to get that will allow me to use my sky card in my pc, I dont have Sky HD but may do in the future.

Many thanks

Festa

Seany463

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TechnoTrend S2-3200 & Budget CI, T-Rex Dragon CAM 4.1, Sky Sports plus Entertainment package.
My Location
Scotland
Well, I got fed up with my pheonix smartcard reader & just went and bought a new card with CI & a T-Rex Dragon CAM!

Finally, its working! :) Although I am still experiencing some problems. For example not all Sky channels are working. dvbviewer says there is a stream and the smartcard says its decoding, however I have no audio or video being displayed. Its particularly the Sky Sports channels that arent working, everything else seems fine so far.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000, Dragon Twin CAM 4.1, DVDO HD+ scaler, Sony LCD TV
My Location
Nottingham, UK
Seany463 said:
Its particularly the Sky Sports channels that arent working, everything else seems fine so far.
Have you entered the box serial number that goes with the card, into the Dragon? You need to, for premium channels.

Seany463

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TechnoTrend S2-3200 & Budget CI, T-Rex Dragon CAM 4.1, Sky Sports plus Entertainment package.
My Location
Scotland
David J Robinson said:
Have you entered the box serial number that goes with the card, into the Dragon? You need to, for premium channels.

I hadnt, nope. I have now, been toying about with it for a wee while, and its came alright! Thanks very much, working like a dream now.

Dont suppose anyone knows where to get a channel list for astra 28.2E BskyB because I cant find all the channels on a scan, worth a crack at connecting if I can get a channel list with the encrypted channels?

Many thanks for your help with the serial David, much appreciated.

Uncle_Festa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Trying to work this out
My Location
UK
Seany463 said:
just went and bought a new card with CI & a T-Rex Dragon CAM!

Finally, its working! :)

Seany what card did you buy?

Seany463

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Uncle_Festa said:
Seany what card did you buy?
TechnoTrend S2-3200 with Budget CI.

I had a hauppauge hvr-4000 before, but the CI which came out lately doesnt decrypt DVB-S2 (HD) signals and for the price of it imho, its a joke. It didnt support the T-Rex Dragon CAM either, sigh. I'm sitting on a rather expensive hvr-4000 now.

thecritic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox
My Location
uk
Great thread, just what i have been looking for i think. Just a few questions.

I'm looking at getting a

AzureWave Hi-Def CI PC Card AD-SP400

Dragon CAM v4.1

I have a legal sky tv subscription card and a just about working digibox. Is this all i need to get SKY TV on my pc. Do i need to buy a programmer, if so what is it used for or will just installing card with CI , CAM and using sky card just work ??

I currently have a DVB-T card and i use Mediaportal which works a treat but i would like my sky via pc/mediaportal

Thanks for any advice

Seany463

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
thecritic said:
Great thread, just what i have been looking for i think. Just a few questions.

I'm looking at getting a

AzureWave Hi-Def CI PC Card AD-SP400

Dragon CAM v4.1

I have a legal sky tv subscription card and a just about working digibox. Is this all i need to get SKY TV on my pc. Do i need to buy a programmer, if so what is it used for or will just installing card with CI , CAM and using sky card just work ??

I currently have a DVB-T card and i use Mediaportal which works a treat but i would like my sky via pc/mediaportal

Thanks for any advice

You do not need a programmer, as long as you buy the Dragon CAM "Fully Loaded". I recommend skywise.tv because they have forums for help if any problems & they have a page on ebay where you can pay paypal & read opinions for peace of mind.

I believe the programmer is used to load the CAM with the current encryption keys for emulating & decoding your subscription smartcard, amongst other things.

Remember not to throw away your sky box, because you need to update the smartcard every so often. ;)

kevin.bishop

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBViewer
2x TTbudgetS3200 with CI, Dragon CAM
2 x Sky Digital Cards
My Location
SouthEast UK
I use DVBViewer with two Technotrend 3200 cards and two CIs.

After about 3 months of running, my cards stopped decrypying any encrypted channels, including Ch4 & Five.

I reconnected my sky box and sky plus system and the same applied. I called SKY, who resent my subscription to the cards (one by one) and after that they worked fine.

This was about 2 months ago, so I am getting a litttle nervous as I don't know how many times they will do it before they get upset.

Does anybody know any more about what happens when you remove your sky card from a sky box?

Thanks in advance.....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just put the cards back in the sky digibox overnight and they will normally update.

Derviansoul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking for one
My Location
UK
Hello

I intend to setup a linux mce machine to do the same as us done it with the sky subscription, apparently this subject looks like that it's forbidden within the linux community, and i would like to ask if it's possible for someone here to create an idiot guide of everything that it's necessary to do, all the hardware that would possible to use and all the cams that i would be aloud to use so i could check for compatible hardware within linux mce and try to make it work there on mythtv machine or a linux mce one!!
I've got a legal sky subscription and i don't have any intentions of doing any illegal stuff, i just want to have a linux mce machine working with sky without having the sky box connected!
If anyone could help i would really appreciated!!
regards

hedgehoggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
Planning to setup Media Centre
My Location
UK
hey I was wonder, if you can do me a favour...can you able to watch subtitle on Sky using HTPC?

thanks
Hedgehoggy