HTPC SKY HD UK working!! Also Viewing card has been out of my SKY BOX for months!!

thend

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
138E,146E
TBS DVB-S2 8920 card
TBS Q-Box Ⅱ
XP/Vista/Linux Ubuntu
My Location
China
You don't need to put HTPC in livingroom. There is new technology called PC Media Extender, which can extend HD Video, Audio and USB connection from HTPC to living room TV by net cable.
_http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/203110040/PC_Media_Extender.html

A

Anonymous-A

What about the new white Sky cards? Is there any way they will work with a T-rex or Dragon Cam?

Als1978

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Corse 2 Duo PC, HVR4000, Win 7 RC normal sky box + full sub
My Location
East Yorks, UK
Has anyone had anyluck getting to work in Win 7? Currently have a HVR4000, which is picking up Freesat including the HD Channels no issue. Never played with CAMS, but looking at changing the setup so I can have Sky Multiroom (already have a full Sky single pack sub and the aerial in place) and recording funtionality. Any help/advice much appreciated?

A

Anonymous-A

I've been playing with the most recent version of Mediaportal and find it streams the FTA SD channels nicely on my wireless network to laptops around the house.

Sadly no Sky pay channels will decode (including my beloved RTE 1, RTE 2 and TG 4) as my Irish Sky sub has switched to the white card. I can decode the white card in a Technomate TM-6800 super (but presumably the card wont auto update) and the Technomate doesn't offer a PC streaming service - though with the Ethernet port on the box it could if someone programmed it to...

cragllo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
N/A
My blue card finally died on the weekend, I tried my new white card and to my surprise it seems to be working fine, after all the posts about them not working I'm so relieved.

I am using DVB Dream v1.4i p1 with NDSCam v.0.0.0.7 and a Violet Phoenix card reader. I don't subscribe to movies or any sports so I cannot test them.

rustynuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nokia 9600
My Location
berks
Well I,ve bought the Phoenix card rearder, purchased a copy of DVBViewer, downloaded all the plugins and put them in every file I can find - Still not working.
Media center is now in the garden and the window is being repaired tomorrow.
Can anyone help/ is there a simple step by step guide to help me understand what the hell I,m doing.
Help appriciated.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum rustynuts

Well it took a while for you to make your first post, but anyhow better late than never. Perhaps you had better tell us first what it is you are trying to do. What sky card are you using blue or white?

rustynuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nokia 9600
My Location
berks
Topper said:
Welcome to the forum rustynuts

Well it took a while for you to make your first post, but anyhow better late than never. Perhaps you had better tell us first what it is you are trying to do. What sky card are you using blue or white?

Thanks for the response. I,m running an Hauppauge Nova SD-S2 card, Infinity USB Phoenix card rear/writer, DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 and a white Sky card which was activated yesterday all on a base of Window 7.

Bring back D-Mac, I knew what I was doing back then!

Cheers
Russ

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I am not well up on TV cards but I was not aware you would be able to watch sky TV with that combination, I thought it had to be Linux based in order to use cccam emulator but I may be wrong. What made you think it was possible?

rustynuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nokia 9600
My Location
berks
Topper said:
I am not well up on TV cards but I was not aware you would be able to watch sky TV with that combination, I thought it had to be Linux based in order to use cccam emulator but I may be wrong. What made you think it was possible?

From the first post in this thread!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rustynuts said:
From the first post in this thread!

My point entirely, 1st post made over 2 1/2 years ago with old style blue sky card and a Dragon cam, which is a combination no longer in use to the best of my knowledge.

rustynuts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nokia 9600
My Location
berks
Topper said:
My point entirely, 1st post made over 2 1/2 years ago with old style blue sky card and a Dragon cam, which is a combination no longer in use to the best of my knowledge.

O Cock, thats a no then!

cragllo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
N/A
I am using a Compro VideoMate S350, Phoenix Cardreader connected via serial port, using a new white card. Software is DVB Dream v1.4i p1 with NDSCam v.0.0.0.7 plugin.

I am able to view all channels that the card is subscribed to (apart from C4HD as this is not a S2 card), I have not tired this setup under Windows 7, but I hope this information is useful.

thend

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
138E,146E
TBS DVB-S2 8920 card
TBS Q-Box Ⅱ
XP/Vista/Linux Ubuntu
My Location
China
I'm using a PCIe DVB-S2 Dual Tuner card TBS 6980 with DVBDream under windows 7. Also DVBlink software was needed.

p.s.guy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400 +usb super and videomate s360 pc card and a motored 90 cm Forticstar dish....still moving it around !!
My Location
Tewkesbury
cragllo said:
I am using a Compro VideoMate S350, Phoenix Cardreader connected via serial port, using a new white card. Software is DVB Dream v1.4i p1 with NDSCam v.0.0.0.7 plugin.

I am able to view all channels that the card is subscribed to (apart from C4HD as this is not a S2 card), I have not tired this setup under Windows 7, but I hope this information is useful.

I would just like to add, i to now have the same setup under windows 7 x64 and it works great, i get sky 1 etc......no HD yet still playing

marksteel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD.
Mediaportal running on Computer
My Location
Norwich City. UK
Hello,

Been a long while! Thought I'd try kick start this thread again by seeing whats happening out there in the world of HTPC and Sky's new white NDS card.

By the way, since creating this thread, decoding Sky HD to use on software such as Mediaportal on my Home Theatre PC became quite easy. Shortly after my first method I started using Technotrend's s2-3200 Satalite card (DVB-S2) along with Dragon CAM (Conditional Access Module) to get my old Blue Sky card to work and decode ALL my Sky channels.

But, alas.... Sky then sent out the White Card which in the end I couldnt avoid using any longer. Sky wouldnt keep rolling back my blue card after it deactivated. (I did last till 03 may 2010 though)

Soooo, does anyone know of any solutions to get the White card (of evil) working inside my PC again??

p.s.guy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400 +usb super and videomate s360 pc card and a motored 90 cm Forticstar dish....still moving it around !!
My Location
Tewkesbury
Been using my setup to watch basic sky, with no movies HD etc..for a few months now, So i too am looking at upgrading my old s350 card for one with a ci slot,

Then it must be just find a cam that can read the white card and you can input the sky box number ?

magikarp99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD 5600+ @ 3.3GHz
NVidia GTX260
4GB G.Skill RAM
My Location
UK
marksteel said:
Hello,
By the way, since creating this thread, decoding Sky HD to use on software such as Mediaportal on my Home Theatre PC became quite easy.

What were you using to decrypt Sky HD?

magikarp99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD 5600+ @ 3.3GHz
NVidia GTX260
4GB G.Skill RAM
My Location
UK
Wow, am I dense. It said in the next sentence :/

reddishd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD,Technomate1500ci+super,Dragon cam,Diablo v2.3, Dolby 8.1,27"HDMI LCD,1.2 Channel master dish, V-Box,0.2lnb, 56N/.83w.
My Location
Cumbria UK
You need to use a box key converter that will give you a number like xx 1A xx 2D 44.
To get this look at the sticker 17 digit code on underneath of originol card paired biox
so if Internal card reader dev/sci0
IF smargo+ tell you box you are useing one ie:- smargo+USB0 (thren
BOXKEY xx xx xx xx and the Camkey stuff (Look at a CCcam.cfg file to hget the ideas from). Hope this helps.