Humax 1010s no signal

Itsthefog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 1010s
My Location
Bristol
hello :)
I'm looking for some help. I've recently bought a humax 1010s box to upgrade my current humax 320gb box . After disconnecting my old box and reconnecting new box it will not find a signal! My old box works fine and picks up all channels . I've bought it second hand.... Have I bought a duff or could there be a simple explanation ?
Ps I'm not exactly a techno so know very little

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
from what i can gather it uses txp. 11428.H. to populate the epg and if your dish is slightly out it fools the box into thinking there is no signal. not really up on the latest freesat boxs but im sure others can give you some more in depth help

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Did you just literally connect it up? Maybe going through the installation process might help.

Just a thought. Do you have two feeds from the dish? On the original HDR you could use a single feed and then run a loop from the LNB1 Out into the LNB2 In. With the 1010 there is no LNB 1 Out so I'm not sure how it copes with single feeds. In any case with a single feed I would put it on the LNB1 In.

EDIT

Unscrew the cable feed(s) from the back of the 1010 and look inside the plug(s) to make sure that the centre cable hasn't been accidentally bent over inside. My brother attempted to change his Digibox over and did exactly this

Last edited:
A

archive10

hello :)
I'm looking for some help. I've recently bought a humax 1010s box to upgrade my current humax 320gb box . After disconnecting my old box and reconnecting new box it will not find a signal! My old box works fine and picks up all channels . I've bought it second hand.... Have I bought a duff or could there be a simple explanation ?
Ps I'm not exactly a techno so know very little
Unless you've already tried it, you may do a factory reset, so there's no "residue" from the previous installation.
If you only have one cable, make sure it goes to the SAT IN 1. That is the *second* connector from the edge, not the first.
My 1010S is fully swappable with my FoxSat 320GB box (which is now a 1TB box), so there should be no difference on your side either.

Itsthefog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 1010s
My Location
Bristol
Unless you've already tried it, you may do a factory reset, so there's no "residue" from the previous installation.
If you only have one cable, make sure it goes to the SAT IN 1. That is the *second* connector from the edge, not the first.
My 1010S is fully swappable with my FoxSat 320GB box (which is now a 1TB box), so there should be no difference on your side either.
Thanks for the replies so far guys :)
Yes tried a factory reset and no change( apart from the initial set up it originally showed doesn't anymore)
The connectors both look fine and work perfectly again as I'm having to use my old box . I did have sky ( worked fine) replaced with humax old box but wanted to get better box for main room and put old box in another room ( old multi-room sky box) so my daughter could record in there as she can't on the sky box currently in there.