internetbasic2000

Reaction score
I Hope someone help and give me the right choice,
my location is in egypt, and iam going to buy a new system consist of :
2.4 m dish,
Fuji LNB,
non diseq motor 24''
super track positioner,
but about the reciever i still cannot choose between the humax 5100 & 5400z.

the Humax 5100 costs here in egypt 850 L.E.
the Irdeto Cam costs 390 L.E.
but the Humax 5400Z costs 2100 L.E.

so it will be better to buy 5100 + Irdeto cam and it will works as a free cam after the receiver will be patched.

but what i need to know is it will be different between the mebeded cam in the humax 5400z and the external one for thr 5100 and does is hangs or no and if the humax 5400z have any other options more than the embeded irdeto cam.
another question does the Matrix cam opens more channels than the irdeto )working as a free cam) and does it hang with 5100 or not.

waiting for help,
thanx

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Can you roughly convert in pounds ...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From a personal viewpoint, I wouldn't consider buying an Irdeto CAM, would be better to go for something like a Matrix Reloaded, or perhaps a receiver with a programmable UCAS module.

internetbasic2000

Reaction score
rolfw said:
From a personal viewpoint, I wouldn't consider buying an Irdeto CAM, would be better to go for something like a Matrix Reloaded, or perhaps a receiver with a programmable UCAS module.

Thanx rolfw for replying but i need to know does the Humax 5100 hangs when an external CAM installed or no.

And what is a UCAS module and what does it do and which receiver come with it?

Thanx For Your Help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The 5100 should be fine with a CAM, don't necessarily think that they are the best receiver around though, but I guess that you are working on what you can buy in the local marketplace.

A UCAS module is effectively an embedded universal CAM, very often, they can act as Emulators also and so for some encryptions a card is not necessary.

Are there any other receivers available where you are?

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
internetbasic2000 said:
thanx for reply

the Humax 5400 will cost 195 Pounds
Humax 5100 will cost 83 Pounds
the irdeto cam will cost 36 pounds

Ok I would buy the 5100 plus I go to Toecutter,s Den and buy a Matrix Reloaded cam they are on offer this week.

See the link in NobbY's section.

internetbasic2000

Reaction score
thanx for replying,
we have a lot of receivers here,
Samsung
Topfield
Xtreme One
Qumax
Humax
Strong
Hyundai
Astra
and many others but most commonly used and i see a lot of patches and updates for it online is the Humax, thats why i choosed it, but if you think there is a better choice so i would like to take your advice.

and does the matric cam good as the universal one?

hagag

Reaction score
hi
i have 5400z receiver howver i can't see any differance between it and 5100 so get the low cost one.
best regards

internetbasic2000 said:
I Hope someone help and give me the right choice,
my location is in egypt, and iam going to buy a new system consist of :
2.4 m dish,
Fuji LNB,
non diseq motor 24''
super track positioner,
but about the reciever i still cannot choose between the humax 5100 & 5400z.

the Humax 5100 costs here in egypt 850 L.E.
the Irdeto Cam costs 390 L.E.
but the Humax 5400Z costs 2100 L.E.

so it will be better to buy 5100 + Irdeto cam and it will works as a free cam after the receiver will be patched.

but what i need to know is it will be different between the mebeded cam in the humax 5400z and the external one for thr 5100 and does is hangs or no and if the humax 5400z have any other options more than the embeded irdeto cam.
another question does the Matrix cam opens more channels than the irdeto )working as a free cam) and does it hang with 5100 or not.

waiting for help,
thanx

asaeles

Reaction score
I'm living in Egypt too and I'm having the same questions as internetbasic200 have, please post a reply.