Humax 5300

turkiye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cardiff
I am a newbie! I have analogue on 42 o east. They have turned off two channels which I liked Kral & ATV. I was thinking of getting a Humax 5300. I chose this model because it has via access which means that I can get a card to pick up Cine 5, a turkish movie chanel. Is this a good choice? I have a 90 c dish. Thanks very much

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Whether Cine 5 stays in Viaccess 1 is of course another question, if you are going to get a genuine subscription card then that unit is not a bad choice at all.

PS. Not sure whether you noticed Turkiye, but The Playboy channel is also on that transponder. ;)

turkiye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cardiff
Thanks, I don't really know much about grey cards. Can I use them on this machine? Grey cards are sort of illegal right? The station you mention , what does it show? I am def. not interested in s_x etc!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look in the cards and programmers forum to see what its all about, plus possibly the Viaccess forum. As for the Playboy channel, from what you say above then it won't be of interest.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If money is a determining factor then the other receiver from Humax would be the VA-FOX

Lovely little unit, embedded solution, has DiSEqC 1.2 motor capability and accepts 'other' software

Installed a few and they are excellent

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Don't forget that Viaccess has terminated on July 1, 2002 its license agreement with Humax. Does it make any difference as it seems that it will be illegal to manufacture/sell Humax receivers with embedded Viaccess.

Jimbo :(

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I would imagine that the ones already manufactured under licence will be OK, but whether they will support any upgrades required for later encryption changes is another thing.

abhilashzion

Reaction score
plz help me i have nokia mediamaster 9800s any chance to up grade and see multi absat fulx ? give me loader and alll details