Humax 5300

ictcphs

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Do not download the Humax upgrade at 19.2 degrees. It will cause problems with Viaccess decryption.

P

partycan

m8 , i have done the download on my humax 5300 and so has my mate on 19.2 east , and the stb sat box is top dolla m8 . we find that it changes channal's faster ,a lot prittyer to look at when going through the menu , all in all a lot better m8 . we have found no difference in getting any channal's on the hummy with the download in it , and there is no problem's with decryption with magic 1.09 cam and fun card 4 . we still get all the channal's that we had , and it's like i siad it is a lot faster to clear the channal's.

hope this help's you anyway m8, wouled like to no how come you think that it is no good, we do all the download's as it make's the
5300 much better for you.:confused

P

partycan

what kind of prob's are you freind's haveing with via m8 as gold card works, and fun card. in via cam and magic cam?.

ictcphs

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you watch any Via channel using the embedded CAM U will get card messages spoiling your viewing.;)

P

partycan

ok ictcphs m8, we will triy it now and see what hapen's with the picher and let you now . i will triy it with a gold card with shouled be all right for via channal's ,i will put hummy on 13 east as me
think's 19.2 is much better. so we will see m8, ill get back to you on it ok pal.

regard's,

P.C.

P

partycan

ok m8 i can tell you that my humax is ok m8, just triyed it on hot bird with me goldie in the via slot and it is still supper m8 . no
messages at all ,the card is a urto updating card and is still all right on some of the channal's you need a card for including xxl.

so there you have it mine is ok so don,t no what has happend your end.

:) P.C.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Might be worth you guys posting the version number of the software you are running, they may have tweaked it on hearing that some people had problems.

P

partycan

ictcphs m8, i can not triy sirius as it will mean going up the ladders and turning me 1 meter round to 5 east , you see i have 2 dish's
one 80 on hotbird and 1 meter on 19.2, i could go up and p*ss
with the 1 meter but can not see as there wouled be a problem m8.
but i can tell you that 5 east are haveing key changes every 2-3 day's , and if it's allright on via hot bird i can not see it being any different on 5 east via. my m8 has the lot on the motor dish so i will ask him to triy via on sirius ok pal. by the way m8 did you do the stb upgrade about 2 mounth's ago , i did it on hotbird to make the stb via2 compat, and it stopped the humax freezing as you go through the channal's ,ie TPS . don't no if you did it m8 get back to me on that one and i will get back to you on the via 5east.

h/w versoin oak 1&11 2.0
s/w version hvc 1.06.04
s/w last update 22 oct 2002
loader version L 2.08
system id 0017. 0200

ther you go se if your's is the same.

regard's,

partycan.
:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just as an aside Partycan, you seem to be under utilising your dishes, you could very easily use the 1 metre for both Astra 19.2 an Hotbird, then use your 80cm for something like 30W (if it can see it) just a few more available channels :)

dr.gonzo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
north
ive also been having probs with viacess an a hummy 5300 but it started acting up the day before i done the software upgrade. i had working gold and fun till i started messing about with them. now ive got neither.
sounds like it was possibly just coincidental timing with the upgrade in your case.
mines off cos i cant leave the damn things alone when theyre working.
ill let ya know as soon as i get it sorted and what ive done but if ya beat me to it-lettuce kno. )(-)(

dr.gonzo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
north
:D sorted!
mines nee bother now using a good old goldie, partycan is right the s.ware is better and quicker with improved info.
if ya still stuck drop a line and ill send the zipped prog.
im away to watch the box:p

P

partycan

ictcphs m8 , hope you have got it sorted out now, rolfw m8 we triyed about 2 years ago
to get the 2 bird's on the 1 meter , but it is a funny dish its called
a satwarker or somethink like that , the lnb arm is very lite and i
could not find a good way to put the 2 lnb's on the arm . so hence i have the 2 dish's as the 80 was down the garden doing now't so we put it up. i was on 5east for a bit with the 1 meter
but found that after dark i would loss the channal's and signel, so its on 13
east now and the 80 is on 19.2. as you say it would have been magic if i could have found a way to get 2 lnb's on the meter,
but i can not see any way of fitting them on the end of the dish arm, i wish i could find a way m8 as 30 is good for the football
and the palco channal's. mybe i will get the 1meter a motor on
it when we can round up the dolla m8 , but i think it's probley
better to hang on as now one seem's to be any closer to a hack
for v2 or s2.
best regard's,

partycan.:) ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
This arm will attach to most dishes.

P

partycan

hi there rolw m8, is there a uk surplier for one of these lnb holeder's , as i think it may do the job for my dish .do you think that it wouled be poss to make one , as i have a pritty good workshope in my garden m8 . it dose not look that hard to make but if the dolla is right to by it , it wouled save time and hassel
makeing one in my shed. can i put the lnb arm down the feedarm
a bit as i think that was the problem i was getting befor m8 , i couled not get the 2 lnb's side by side , the one on the bracket i made befor wouled have to go back down the feed arm a bit ,
so it was out of line with the one allready on the meter dish.
if so do you think that i wouled still get the picher on the same dish as 1 lnb wouled be 1-2 inc's back from the other one .

thank's for your time out to post to me and any more info you can
give me.

regard's,

partycan.:)