Humax 5400 can't locate satellites on motorised system

unkletom

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just had a diseqc motorised system installed and it works great with my new Dreambox. I have a twin lnb and was planning on using my Humax 5400 upstairs with my second tv. However, once I switched the Dreambox off and connected my Humax for the first time, it wasn't able to locate the satellites as it keeps searching and cannot find a signal. I recently uploaded pet123 motorised settings and had hoped I could just connect and enjoy!
Any ideas how I can get around the problem without having to get up the ladder to re-position the dish?

many thanks....unkletom

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
So which is now driving the motor, and which is just straight through to the LNB?

If it's still the Dreambox, you'll have to set up the Humax as non-motorised?!?

unkletom

Reaction score
both receivers are connected to the twin lnb and both should be able to move the dish via diseqc 1.2 (obviously not at the same time)...at least that was the plan.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, but which one connects to the motor? Or am I being thick?

Are you disconnecting the Dreambox, and substituting the Humax? If so why the twin LNB?

Am I confused, or are you?!?!?!

LOL!

:) :) :)

I have a similar setup, where one receiver's coax goes to the diseqc motor, then on to one of the LNB outputs on the twin, and the other receiver goes via another piece of coax straight to the other output from the twin LNB, and is therefore 'passive' as far as motor driving and diseqc commands go....

unkletom

Reaction score
aaah...ohhh...I am confused too ;) Sorry, I know what you mean now and it's my fault for making things more complicated than they actually are. I never thought of the fact that only one receiver is connected to the motor. I was always under the impression that both would be. The idea was to be able to move the motor from downstairs (Dreambox) or upstairs in the bedroom (Humax). It seems I will need to position the dish from downstairs first in order for me to watch the footy while my girlfriend is watching Corrie, Eastenders etc etc. downstairs.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Ah, yes.... the eternal problem solved!

I've been thinking about this problem for a while, and was peeved that you had seemingly solved it where I couldn't!

Good luck.

You could always watch Corrie instead of the football.....(maybe not)...or get another motorised dish!

unkletom

Reaction score
cheers mate! if it took me that long to work out a simple problem like this, god knows how long it will take me to get my head around the Dreambox stuff.
thanks...tom