Humax 5400 Loop Through

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I've just acquired an out of contract, cheap and cheerful S** D*g*b*x. I plug in the co-ax and it does everything it's supposed to. However if I route the connection through my Hummie, the D*G*B*X gives a no signal message. Am I missing something obvious?

:(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Wolsty, I've had problems when looping through, if you select a channel on the Humax and make sure that it's a high band vertical, your signal should return. Some receivers don't seem to want to relinquish control of the LNB.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Thanks Rolf. How high is High Band?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
11778 will do, I think it probably switches at 11700 or thereabout, it's just that the default transponder is set at that and you will register no signal otherwise.

You may be able to get it working by putting the humax into standby, but may have to go into the LNB menu and switch off the power to get the digibox controlling the LNB properly.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Woltsy

I have a similar prob. with my humax and my Analaogue set.

So I have set up four 'dummy' stations on the Humax:

Low V - Low H - High V - High H.

Then I set the Humax to the appropriate setting for the channel I want to receive.

its a bit long winded, but I don't think you can get the second box to take priority over the Humax.

Kind regards

W. Hole

PS how are the Grockles/Emmets this year?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The Hummie I borrowed for a month or so seemed to be fine on the loopthrough, but it was an analogue receiver rather than a digibox. It was the very first version of the 5400, laterones have been messed about completely inside.

I think pressing the TV Sat switch allowed momentary priority of the tuner voltage, but then this was at the beginning of the year, and I am probably imagining it

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Just another thought.

I can't check this out just now, but I think on some of the four settings it is OK to turn the Humax off and still retain the H/L V/H setting, and on others it is not....

Regards

W.H.

PS My Humax is an F1-CI BTW

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Thanks guys. There's enough information there to keep me fiddling through Saturday evening and annoying The Dragon, who'll doubtlessly want to watch something costume drama-ish.

@ w hole. Too early to tell yet, though they were reasonably well behaved over Easter and half-term. My man problem is getting out on to the main road from my house, but I have to say that being unable to park, journeys taking three times as long as in winter and an overpriced Tesco are par for the course.

:) :) :)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Thanks guys. Problem seems sorted. If I use the Hummie to position the dish on 28 degs by choosing S** News, then switch off the STB, the D*G*B*X (provided it's switched on, of course!) cuts in.

Even my wife is impressed by the improvement in picture quality. Our house is on the side of a hill, close to the valley bottom, so UHF reception is poor and Channel 5 all but unavailable.

:D :D :D :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Might be time for a separate Sky dish then Wolsty, makes life so much easier.:)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Strange that Sky News would be the important transponder (high band vertical) . This would allow the secondary receiver to jump to the horizontal frequencies by a raise in voltage to 18V

However since the tone switch is already operative, I would have thought the low bands would then no longer be available.

Using another bouquet in the low band (for example E4) would put the LNB into a base state of polarity and tone.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Sky News was an arbitrary choice in the right frequency range and polarity. Whether or not I need a separate dish and more fiddling with frequencies remains to be seen. It's working now and if it ain't broke.................

:) :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I was thinking more of conflict resolution Wolsty, a totally independent Sky receiver with the second RF out leading to another room would solve many potential disagreements. :)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
rolfw said:
I was thinking more of conflict resolution Wolsty, a totally independent Sky receiver with the second RF out leading to another room would solve many potential disagreements. :)

Penny's dropped now, Rolf! I'm a bit slow at times.

Sorry not to have replies earlier, but my pc crashed last Thursday morning and I'm back on line only courtesy of my son whose computer I'm using. Seems I also missed some excitement with the Board.

:) :)