humax 5400, what will give me the most content

E

ez_livin

My Location
pj::
I have a humax 5400 linked up to a diseq motor, also some time ago i purchased an silver card and millenium programmer and used ds9 files which were flavour of the month at the time..It has been some time since i have checked out the scene was wandering if there is more content (channels) available for me , maybe i need some new equipment or software or something
what is the most up to date software for my machine and where can i download it from....Thanks

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nothing much you can add to the Humax if it is already patched, you can use a season interface if your computer is close enough to your receiver though. The other methods all involve a higher expenditure, new CAM and cards etc, probably even a new programmer.

E

ez_livin

My Location
pj::
please explain what a season interface is

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is effectively a smart card on a lead, it connects to your PC via serial connection and instead of the card holding the information, the PC does the work using emulator software.