humax 5400

E

erectorvision

i have a viacsess red cam with a gold card updated from phils sat files every other day it goes off any clues please help

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
you update your gold card every other day? Seems like hard work. Indeed this shouldn't be necessary.
But please confirm a few details:
what do you actually mean by "every other day"? Do you mean that it fails every second day, as if there was some kind of two-day timer on it?
And which channels are you losing? Maybe you're just trying to watch channels whose keyschange very regularly.
2old

E

erectorvision

sorry for not being clear its the s_x view and satisfaction channels that keep going off every now and then i updated them from baracuda files about a week ago but now thave gon off any ideas please return many thanks

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
those channels regularly change keys and indeed you have no choice but to reprogram with new keys.

2old
PS I'm curious; are you typing this in from a mobile phone?

E

erectorvision

>those channels regularly change keys and indeed you have no
>choice but to reprogram with new keys.
>
>2old
>PS I'm curious; are you typing this in from a mobile phone?
no what makes you say that ; while im on here tonight could you explane how to make my humax 5400 which as built in irdeto cam be changed into all cam what extra equipment i need ie which cable to my computer many thanks

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Re. patching the Humax5400: did you not see my answer to your questions just a couple of days ago, in the "Irdeto" forum...??
http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID32/60.html
That refers you to another thread with full details.

PS:
I thought you might have been working from a phone because you don't use any punctuation/capitalisation/etc., that's all. Doesn't matter.