Humax 5400Z and Satscan - Will they work together?

rogue3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Quick question... I hope!

Up until this week, I have been using a Nokia 9800S receiver and the Nokia Satcan. Everything was working great.

I just upgraded my receiver to a Humax 5400Z and I was wondering if anyone out there has been able to make the Satscan and Humax work together. I'm trying to avoid buying another positioner. I normally swing between Astra, Sirius and Hotbird so having a positioner is important to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rogue3 :confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've had a little look around for detailed info on the satscan Rogue3, but can't seem to find out whether it is DiseqC or not. If it is, then it should work with the Humax no problem.

FRAZER

Reaction score
The Nokia manual I have tells you to chose between either the Satscan motor or those "controlled by DISEqC commands" in the installation phase, though it doesn't explicitly say that the Satscan motor isn't itself a DISEqc motor.

Frazer

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for that Frazer, I'll see if i can find out some more information as well, there seems to be little or no information available of the technical specs.

rogue3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've also still been digging for info but haven't uncovered much. Here's what I have found.

According to the Nokia web page (buried, of course!), the Satscan is DISEqC 1.2. So far, though, I've still had no luck. I even hooked up the Nokia receiver again, just to make sure the positioner was working.

There is a Satscan interface that you can buy that allows you to use the satscan no matter what receiver you are using. Unfortunately for me, the only one for sale in my area was broken and I had to return it! :mad:

Until I can get another interface, I'm going to keep playing with the Humax 5400Z settings. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. If I do, I'll post the settings here.

Thanks again to all for looking.

-rogue3