Humax 5400z modified, best cam?

B

BazelAd

Hi all, I have a humax 5400z modified to all-cam on which I have until recently used ds9 files.

I am now going to be using fun files (waiting for upgrade to my vx multi to come through), and was wondering if I have anything to gain by purchasing a via-access cam for my receiver, and if so what cam should I go for?

Hope this does not sound to daft, but I just do not know if its worth it or not, ie would I get any extra channels for via-access that would not be available on the fun files?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, not a daft question Bazelad, but obviously nobody around who knows the answer.

I'm not sure whether there would be any real advantage at the moment as the patched Humax will decode most things.

Are there any viaccess channels that you are having difficulty with, apart from the Viaccess 2 channels of course?

B

BazelAd

Hi Rolf, thanks for the reply, the channels I would really like to get are the ticket ones on sirius. Can not seem to get these on a ds9 file anywhere, unless of course i am using the wrong files?

:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What size dish are you using, I would have athought that a 1.2 Metre would be necessary for reception, as well as the right files.

B

BazelAd

Hi Rolf, I have a 1.5mr polar mount dish, I have no problem finding the channels, with a pretty good signal as well. Its gaining access thats the problem.;)