humax 5400z Problem

heiman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi,

I have got a humax 5400z/Funcard, s/w version 3.06, Loader : H2.08. Recently my humax just hanged up, and deleted all my channels automatically..Anyone know why this happend??

But the problem is when i go through the channels it always usually locks up, And the channels cant be changed nor any buttons can be pressed on the remote.

The thing i could do is to switch it off the main switch from the back of the receiver and turn it back on again. And is fine. But then sooner or later the same problem will occur.

Any know any solution to the problem? Can possible to reset or??

Much Help Appreciated
Heiman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm not particularly into Humax software, but it sounds like a corrupt software version, the answer to which would be to have it updated.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The Humax's suffered like many other receivers when TPS started buggering about with their transponders on Hotbird a while back. The machine would hang as you describe when you tried to scan the transponder (or auto-scan Hotbird). That particular glitch was solved in the firmware, and the allcam planet-hemp patches also incorporated a fix. So it's certainly worth checking that you're up to date with the firmware.

It's also worth bearing in mind that from time to time such things will happen. For example, over the past couple of days, Echostar boxes have started crashing on one particular tranponder on Thor2. The provider has no doubt made some subtle change to the transmission which the Echostar firmware is unable to deal with.

So if updating the firmware doesn't help, check with Humax whether there are any new problems like that.

2old

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
It happens to my 5400z from time to time and a reboot always solves the problem (or has done so far!). Rolf's and 2Old's advice is sound. You can find all the files, loaders, etc that you need at: http://www.axs-ict.nl/humax5400/Talen/English/index.htm For a belt and braces job, make sure that you update your PMC (PCM?) table as well. I have no firm evidence, but I suspect that the type of card and the files on it may also affect the performance of the STB. Make sure that you're using up-to-date files from a reliable source. See Nobbly's Big Links List in the Keys Forum sticky. I' currently using Boris's files and am having no trouble with hang-ups.

wolsty

:)