Humax 5400z Reference Satellite

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I've just read the instruction manual for my Hummie, but nowhere I canI find a reference to a reference satellite (if you see what I mean). On the 5 deg W Antenna Settings menu (ToH 3.2 patch), there is a category called Reference Satellite but, when I try to use it, the STB refuses to accept the command. It would be enormously useful if I could recalculate all satellite positions from one settings. Is this possible?

:confused

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Thanks Waverider. I downloaded a manual from the Humax site, which is later than mine, but effectively identical. However, when reading through it, I found exactly what I was looking for. I'm not sure I understand it (the manual has lost something in the translation), but I'll give it some study and see if I can dig out the information I want.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Yes it's always best to read things over a couple of times and then the penny drops!:D

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I was hoping that the receiver would automatically recalculate the position of satellites from a single reference after I've adjusted the mount. It appears that the 5400 does not have this facility and that the reference setting is just 0 degs, ie press reset and the stb centres the motor. I'll just have to re-enter the settings individually.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Well no other machine I know does it . Razor can confirm his Force machine has it and Ive been testing the latest PVR version, neither are able to take out the Human element, manual store of all positions is the name of the game.

Seems like your shelf life has just been reprieved O-Ha

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
In my experience it's the human element which is fallible.

Enjoying the extended shelf-life. It's the exposure to microwaves that does it.

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi wolsty,
you were halfway there, when you use the reference option, ermmm ok i will start again.
if you choose to go to the reference position (from any other sat) you are in affect putting the mount to the zero position(keeping in mind that you cannot use the reference as a sat name or store it)
when you have arrived at this position, and you then use the reset option, this then returns all the HUMAX diqesc 1.2 STORED positions, back to default diqesc 1.2 basic positions, based on 0 zero position,on the mount 0 longtitude.
as you know the mount has the diqesc 1.2 positions stored in it, and when you fine tune and then store it, this i believe is stored in the humax.and then adjusts the mounts positions to get the correct one.
and then upload an upto date settings file then refind/finetune the sats, depending on what your longtitude is.
hope this helps
phil

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
@Phil.

Thanks. It confirms what I (eventually) worked out from trial and error. It was the bit about using the reference as a sat name or storing it that had me confused. I'd hoped that, If I could use 5 deg W (which is almost exactly due south of my location) as the named reference satellite, I would be able, automatically, to reset all the others in relation to it. It seems, however, as if I'll have to adjust every satellite position if I move my mount (I'm currently trying to get my arc accurately set up).

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi wolsty,
yes if you upload into your humax the settings i posted, (in the zip are a few tutorials that might be of use),using humbox 4.1 or xoak, this will install all the sats in their correct order, and then while setting up your gear, if you choose a channel on that sat, then find the sat and store the position, you will then be able to use the same amount of adjustment to setup the others, for example, when you look for 1W, you will need to go 6deg west of the settings position, then use this for all the rest.
i have attached a couple of tutorials that i post on other forums, that might be of some assistance
always willing to help
phil

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Very helpful. Many thanks. I'll be up on the garage roof as soon as it stops raining.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
I have similar problems with my Humax PVR-8100 wich I use with a SG-2100
Diseqc-motor.Cannot get the USALS working either.//

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Strange the way some receivers work better with the USALS on the SG-2100 than others, the Hyundai works superbly with the SG-2100, as does the Manhattan, yet others seem to struggle.