Humax, can I record freesat and non freesat at the same time?

george_H

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 1c, strong receiver, new system humax foxsat on 3 sats, triax 17*6 multiswitch
My Location
east midlands uk
Hi
I currently watch dutch channels in SD (19,2º, but would like to add 23.5º for HD] and also freesat (live in UK).
I have sorted the principles of needing 3 quatro lNB's and a multiswitch (I assume I am correctly informed that disseqc has a risk of not working on a 3 sat, 3 tuner system).
Now I need to sort the receiver, and the HUMAX FOXSAT sounds like a good choice. I understand that switching from freesat to non-freesat channels takes a few button presses (not ideal).
What I would be keen to find out is whether when the unit is switched to non-freesat, any freesat recording programmed will still work (on the second tuner?), and vice versa.
Can the tuners be individually adressed? If so, could one be kept on freesat, the other on non-freesat?
I asked around locally but no shop has any idea about this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As the set should also be used by the family, I would not like it to be too complicated in use.

Thanks in advance
George

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The receiver can either be in Freesat mode or non-Freesat mode, it is not possible to be in both modes at the same time.

george_H

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 1c, strong receiver, new system humax foxsat on 3 sats, triax 17*6 multiswitch
My Location
east midlands uk
Thanks, that is important to know. As follow up query: can you programme mixed recordings (PVR) in both modes or do you manually need to switch mode before a recording can be programmed in one of the 2 modes? I could imagine that the menu for programming can only see those activated?

Are there any PVR's that would allow a mix of freesat and non freesat channels in the channel table?

Thanksfor your advice!

George