humax ci-5100 noob help

T

thegreatone

hi really new to this so any help would be great.i have been given a humax ci-5100 receiver and Aston cam p/n 901274 which by looking about makes it a 1.5 I think but as I say totally new to this so I’m prob wrong..my main question is ,is what can I actually do with this box Ie what I can get with it and how I do it any help would be brilliant thanx again

L

loftyj

Unable to find Humax 5100 in any of my mags, but as you say you have a Aston cam I presume that it has CI slot, how many?.
What dish do you have Ie: Fixed or motorised and size?, this will make a lot of differance to the number of channels you can recive, you should be able to get FTA with out problem.
Do a search for the Humax and Aston cam and see if there are any patches to bring them up to date.
Do-not worry at this stage that the receiver is not the latest on the market providing it works that is all that matters. Connect to dish and experiment.

T

thegreatone

ok brilliant thanx for ur reply i had a 60 cm dish before and managed to find hotbird.i did a search for channels and found about 300 mostly freeview ones but hey i got it working.i have now just brought a 1 meter dish which i will install later.it has 2 cam slots and its an aston cam version 1.05 which i think dont need updating the box is upto date as well.im now stuck with what i do next ie what card i have to buy and what to program it with or if i just have to buy a magic cam to get the scambled channels. i really just wanna watch the footie on a sat as i support liverpool(sad i know but please go easy) and live in london so its hard to me to venture to the home games. any ways any help would be great thanx alot