humax ci-5100 noob help

thegreatone

Reaction score
hi really new to this so any help would be great.i have been given a humax ci-5100 receiver and Aston cam p/n 901274 which by looking about makes it a 1.5 I think but as I say totally new to this so I’m prob wrong..my main question is ,is what can I actually do with this box Ie what I can get with it and how I do it any help would be brilliant thanx again

loftyj

Reaction score
Unable to find Humax 5100 in any of my mags, but as you say you have a Aston cam I presume that it has CI slot, how many?.
What dish do you have Ie: Fixed or motorised and size?, this will make a lot of differance to the number of channels you can recive, you should be able to get FTA with out problem.
Do a search for the Humax and Aston cam and see if there are any patches to bring them up to date.
Do-not worry at this stage that the receiver is not the latest on the market providing it works that is all that matters. Connect to dish and experiment.

thegreatone

Reaction score
ok brilliant thanx for ur reply i had a 60 cm dish before and managed to find hotbird.i did a search for channels and found about 300 mostly freeview ones but hey i got it working.i have now just brought a 1 meter dish which i will install later.it has 2 cam slots and its an aston cam version 1.05 which i think dont need updating the box is upto date as well.im now stuck with what i do next ie what card i have to buy and what to program it with or if i just have to buy a magic cam to get the scambled channels. i really just wanna watch the footie on a sat as i support liverpool(sad i know but please go easy) and live in london so its hard to me to venture to the home games. any ways any help would be great thanx alot