Humax F1VAC1

T

TFitzherbert

Hi.
First time visiting this site, so I joined.
My very first post -
Anyone out there who has got a Humax FVAC1 digital satellite rx, I have a question or two.
Will a Viaccess 2 card work with this rx or is some update needed.
If an update is needed would it be better to buy a Viaccess cam instead and use the card through that.
I currrently have an Echostar AD3000ip looped through a F1VAC1 and have used a Viaccess "1" card in it, with no problems.
If the CAM is the answer, I could ditch the Humax and use the Echostar.

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-Jun-02 AT 08:26 PM (GMT)]Welcome to the Forum

Look at this thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID37/135.html there are a couple of links for checking the compatability of receivers.

Rolf

T

TFitzherbert

Thanks Rolf,

Looks as though I will have to get some sort of upgrade - do'nt want to damage the Viaccess 2 card if I get it.
As the Humax dealer is not in business any more, I will try and contact Humax for further advice, Echostar previously did not reply to my emails.
Tony Fitzherbert

Alola2002

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi
Can you tell us how the upgrade went?
Hopefuly its ok.

We need your undersating and new knowlge to shared as I own similler reciver my self.
Thanks

T

TFitzherbert

I have contacted Humax in Northern Ireland.
They say they cannot supply the Viaccess 2 software to individual rx owners because of piracy problems.
They will supply the software to an authorised Humax dealer, who in turn should upgrade the rx.
Alternatively the rx could be returned to Humax for upgrade.
If I get the upgrade and if I get a Viaccess 2 card I will post another message.

Tony Fitzherbert.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi
Have you registered online with Humax Customer Services Area ? You should then be able to download software updates from the web.

http://www.humax.co.kr/CS/Default.asp

Regards
Lee

T

TFitzherbert

>Hi
>Have you registered online with Humax Customer Services Area
>? You should then be able to download software updates from
>the web.
>
>http://www.humax.co.kr/CS/Default.asp
>
>Regards
>Lee

Lee,
Yes I have registered with HCS, but the Viaccess 2 software is not available there (see my last post)
I have downloaded the last software release, but far as I know Humax will not be releasing any new software for the F1VAC1 model. This is because there is not enough memory etc in these early models.

Regards,
Tony Fitzherbert.

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
I have the same problem.
see earlier posting on this board-
http://www.satellites.co.uk/cgi-bin/webforum/forum.cgi?az=read_count&om=107&forum=DCForumID10

vinc21

Reaction score
Hi i have svc20413 hdf email me i will send. have a problem will my brothers f1vac1 keeps flicking on and off the channels thinking the s/w is corupt tried the loader humax 11.exe with the last update,the receiver will not respond to the loader my question is have i the right loader as stated or is there another for this model as ive followed the instructions all i get is still waiting,sorry to go on thanks vinc21

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There are both super and non superset models (back panel and loader differences), if you put the wrong one in then this will cause trouble

Check with the Humax.kr site for which one you have

tuksumduin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
hi regarding tfitzherberts f1 vac1 post i have same satellite box he needs to upgrade to svc 2.05.03 only available through humax dealers cannot be downloaded onto pc as regarding to svc 2.04.13 witch can be downloadedto pc if you use this version when you change from via1 to via2 it will crash only way round it is to pull plug then change cards then put plug back in hope this helps

T

TFitzherbert

:)
About my fivac1 upgrade.
I returned the rx to Humax, got it back about two weeks later.
I was assured it is upgraded to include Viaccess 2 software - I have not tested it yet as I have no Viaccess 2 card.
When I started to use the rx for normal fta viewing, I was greeted with the following message which pops up all the time "Common Interface Card Initialising now". The software has been messed up and this is very annoying - I really cannot watch any fta channels now.
I will have to get the rx back to Humax again - pity they did not test it before sending it back.
When I called them, they did not seem surprised and said they would call me back - they have not to date.
P.S. When I rang one of the suppliers of Viaccess 2 cards, I was told that the Humax fivac1 may still erase the card if I try to use it - what am I to do ???

Regards,
Tony Fitzherbert.
:-(

tuksumduin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
hi
i have been told by humax dealer not to have upgrade to via2 as it is only the cam and not the rx software that is upgraded as it will have same bouqouet limmits as it is short on memory that cannot be upgraded he recomends a newer reciever that can be upgraded by satellite as they have better software and more memory and can be patched if needed hope this helps

mnadeem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
vinc21 said:
Hi i have email me i will send. have a problem will my brothers f1vac1 keeps flicking on and off the channels thinking the s/w is corupt tried the loader humax 11.exe with the last update,the receiver will not respond to the loader my question is have i the right loader as stated or is there another for this model as ive followed the instructions all i get is still waiting,sorry to go on thanks vinc21
Hi
If you do not wich to receive email how can we contect with you :D

samad

Reaction score
Hi

I have a humax IRCI 5400 after upgrading Hic10500_EMU ToH3.2 my receiver has died the power is off and there is no any disply, Please help me how can i wake up my receiver. Thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Get somebody proficient in satellite (or even TV) to check the voltages inside the receiver

Do not attempt to check unless you know what you are doing

mnadeem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HI
My friends :D has send me the file svc20413 for humax like to know that after updating what will be the password 'O'-red , or it remain the same , have to installed all of new chanalls again , can any one tell :p