PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Only irritating thing of the old UI (or rather, the old stack) is that whenever i do pause-live-tv and resume playing, subtitles are suddenly turned on, and will stay on until I quit PLTV. It seems to be when reading from the timeshift buffer, subtitles suddenly gets turned on.
IIRC that's a known "feature" and can be turned off on a channel by channel basis.

Go to the afflicted channel and press the SUB button. Choose English. I normally wait until subtitles start appearing and then press the SUB button again. This time choose Off and subtitles should not now appear on timeshift.

A

Archive4

IIRC that's a known "feature" and can be turned off on a channel by channel basis.

Go to the afflicted channel and press the SUB button. Choose English. I normally wait until subtitles start appearing and then press the SUB button again. This time choose Off and subtitles should not now appear on timeshift.

I do hope there is an easier way to turn it off, channel by channel!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Not that I know of.

By the by, did you really mean to quote me four times? If you're trying to make some point it's completely passed me by.

A

Archive4

Not that I know of.

By the by, did you really mean to quote me four times? If you're trying to make some point it's completely passed me by.
How many channels on that bird?? channel by channel basis, need coffee? :D

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Logical channels. i.e. 101 - BBC1, 102 - BBC2 etc. Just do the ones you're interested in - there will be scores that you never watch.

And there are all the encrypted ones which won't trouble the HDR at all.

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 X Technomate TM-5302HD, Blade 7000s, triax 95cm STAB HH90, 1 M TM dish TM2300 super motor.
My Location
Glasgow
you guys keep saying that i Definitely CAN add another sat on the HDR but the option is NOT on my list .. so i can only assume you are either wrong, ( cheeky and unlikely i know ) :) or using different firmware .. i don't think I am wrong as i can add sats on my foxsat HD, so i know where and how, ,, but as i say, there is NO option for user sats on the HDR ! I'm all confused , and a little sad :(

Lazarus, My Bootloader is U7.54 as i just managed to update it from 53 :)
my software is already 1.00.21 so no point in updating that..
what was the last version ?
thanks Rob

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No, we were at cross-purposes for a while.

Both of us missed the point about NEW Satellite in our first responses to you and were answering generally about non-28E use. Our bad (As, apparently, they say).

I hereby agree you cannot add NEW Satellites on the HDR ..... ;)

And, yes, the quoted versions of Bootloader and Firmware were the last, so no point in doing anything further unless you want the additional bells and whistles of the Raydon package.

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 X Technomate TM-5302HD, Blade 7000s, triax 95cm STAB HH90, 1 M TM dish TM2300 super motor.
My Location
Glasgow
hmmm .. that's REALLY bad.. so, looks like the humax is junk then.. need to but another receiver ..:(

What does the Raydon package offer ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Here's the Read.me file re. Raydon

Attachments

• ReadMe.txt
    22.5 KB · Views: 6

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Here's a link to a useful Web resource re. Raydon

A

archive10

hmmm .. that's REALLY bad.. so, looks like the humax is junk then..
I would disagree - the Humax is quite good for a FreeSat receiver from around 5-7 years ago.
Does what it says on the tin - records multiple programs (up to 3), supports the 1 week EPG, series link etc.
Just what a normal TV-viewer wants.

For the sat-enthusiast however, I do agree that there are other receivers that might be better suited.
(If you are a farmer, then maybe your average BMW 3 series won't appear to do the job, whereas a Land Rover will...)

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
I would disagree - the Humax is quite good for a FreeSat receiver from around 5-7 years ago.
Does what it says on the tin - records multiple programs (up to 3), supports the 1 week EPG, series link etc.
Just what a normal TV-viewer wants.

For the sat-enthusiast however, I do agree that there are other receivers that might be better suited.
(If you are a farmer, then maybe your average BMW 3 series won't appear to do the job, whereas a Land Rover will...)
that fact it doesn't let you add birds is a MAJOR oversight in my eyes, therefor Junk !
but yes, I get what you mean :)
rob

A

Archive-8

I tried a new humax freesat+ box a few months ago.

And it only lasted 48 hours before I took it back, and got a full refund.

The main problem for me was, if I wanted to record a program and it was on at the time of me setting the recording, it would do it.

But when I wanted to add something in for say 3 days time, the epg, sucked.

The box was very slow, and quite clunky. Not very well laid out.

So now I stick to my vu duo & crossepg.

Oh it had an option to change the mode from "freesat" to "normal"

I do have a Hd fox t2 free view box, that is running some other firmware. That works a treat.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

archive10

I tried a new humax freesat+ box a few months ago.

[...]

The box was very slow, and quite clunky. Not very well laid out.

[...]

I do have a Hd fox t2 free view box, that is running some other firmware. That works a treat.

The HD Fox T2 and Freeview+ boxes has a variant of the old Humax HTML UI (similar to the FoxSat boxes), whereas the newer FreeView Play is using Prism (Humax' latest UI). This is the same as used elsewhere in retail boxes, eg. in the German market.

The (New) Freesat UI was dictated by Freesat, whereas I believe the Freeview was left to the manufacturer.
The new FreeSat UI is based on Prism, but with a substantially different presentation and navigation metaphor.
So the UI on the Freesat you need to blame more on Freesat, less on Humax.

Having tried the original (grey) Prism UI on a Broadcom 7252s based box (the German DVB-S market model 4tune+), I can confirm that the UI is not a clunky as the Freesat one, but actually rather nice.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Can you not edit an existing satellite that is not used?

Shoukathcp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C-band
My Location
India kerala
I'll have a look for you in half an hour or so >> Just watching the end of the Grand Prix.

(But you will still need a BIG dish for 66E)
I have already big dish