Humax Foxsat recorder USB Media player?

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
Can I use the USB port in the Humax Foxsat Recorder to play back video? I can get Photographs but no movies unless you guys no better. :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
As standard you can only play back movies in the .ts format as used by the Hummy with its own recordings.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I was under the impression that the Foxsat was averse to anything not originating from itself owing to the fact that it stamps all it's own efforts with box specific data in folders alongside the .ts file itself.

Only what I've read elsewhere, mind: Can't say I've tried it.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If you download a recorded programme (SD only, HD prohrammes can't be downloaded) onto a pen drive in the USB slot you get three files - a .ts, a .mht and a .nts but you only need the .ts file on the pen drive. Whether .ts files from other sources will play is moot point as I don't have any other sources at the moment.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, it works in Export as things like VLC, Media Player Classic etc only need the .ts file >>>> but I am fairly sure that the Foxsat will demand more than a .ts file on Import and the .mht and .nts files are unique to the marque.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Just to check I copied a .ts file, that I had previously downloaded from the HDR, onto a pen drive. It didn't show up as a playable file and I had to copy the other two files as well in order for it to display as a playable file.

Possibly only one of the other two files is absolutely necessary but it's too late to find out!

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
Ah well. Back to the drawing board. Thanks