Humax Foxsat

p12gy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax
My Location
cheshire
Hi, I've bought my HD tv about 2 years ago now - told her in doors it's the best thing since sliced bread. Only thing was no HD TV - that was until now.
Just got the Humax Foxsat Friday and it's outstanding , the HD TV it's in a class of its own. It's like the change from B&W to Colour, if you are thinking about it - all I can say is go for it...............:):)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, certainly if the TV is one of the larger versions, it really does make a difference. :)

Nebulous

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lidl dish + set-top box + Compro S350 pci card.
My Location
Scotland
I've just bought a HDTV and have a Lidl special satellite dish and box. I have been itching to get HDTV but on researching it I am struggling to get a box that does what I want.

I want twin tuners - and a recording system - preferably built in. I'd also like it to handle Freesat better than most of the generic boxes seem to. Given Freesat is so recent I think I'm going to hold off for a few months to see if the technology catches up a bit.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I agree that the pictures can be stunning, but I've also noticed some overly-aggressive compression on the football in the past couple of days.

ITV HD was also having a few more serious problems with video yesterday too.

kerrywez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Dreambox 500s, Technomate 6900 Super, Foxsat HD Freesat, 90Cm and 1.2 CM
My Location
Co. Kerry, Ireland
I have to agree with Stick, the ITV picture is not that good, when compared to the BBC HD one. After all the huffing and puffing ITV still have a long way to go to get their standard anywhere near that of the BBC.

What will ITV do when the football is over? They will have nothing to put on their HD service, I suppose the red button will become redundant again, what a cock up.

Very best regards Wez

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It could just be that they are at the mercy of the supplier of the source signal.

The pictures for the Portugal-Germany game tonight were pretty darn good.

:toke: