Humax IRC 5400 Problems

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
The mute and volume controls on my patched 5400 have ceased to operate, although other basic functions seem to be intact. At about the same time, I lost the ability to decrypt Nagravision transmissions from Hotbird, despite trying several different ominations of files on DS9 and my Funcard. Is this likely to be a firmware/software problem? Is it now the time for me to pluck up my courage and use Bibi Bear's instructions to flash my STB with new software?

wolsty

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would check that you have the SCART in the TV output first

Most other receivers stop you from turning off or down the volume from the VCR SCART (buggering your recording)

Then try removing the sweat from inside the remote control (you will need to drop it onto a hard surface to open it)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Thanks, CH. I'll check the SCART first. Dropping the remote seems a bit drastic. In any case I didn't think I had a problem with perspiration. Perhaps my 17 year old son has been watching Taquilla XX again. I'm sure his palms are sweaty!

wolsty

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Just checked the SCART. Some idiot (ie me) had plugged the cable into the VCR socket instead of the TV socket. Doh!

Which leaves only the Nagravision problem, which I'll refer to the appropriate forum.

Thanks.

wolsty

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Doh (LOL)

It happens - Ive installed a small light above the cabinet so I can see what Im plugging in and to what, makes it so much easier

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Cabinet? Isn't that a bit girlie? My wife wouldn't know what to do without all the trailing wires and Heath-Robinson lash-ups.

Now a light! That's a good idea. I could run another cable from the plug socket and clamp the fitting onto the tv stand..................

wolsty

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Its a cabinet with girlie glass shelves so yes it is possible to see all those nice twisted and knotted wires, but provides some safety as I cansee then the sockets start glowing in the skirting board