Humax IRCI-5400Z

ScOrPo

Reaction score
Heya all,

big noob here so be easy on me. I got a sattelite. Now I had this one for 1-2 years. Now normally the guy I bought it from updated something so I could have all my channels again cause they regulary went offline. Now I last went to this guy and he said he updated everything but when I put him back turned it on almost all of the 3000 channels wore still black. My Humax receiver said it was scrambled.

I've been searching for a while now to what I need to do myself. I found out that the card that is in my receiver decodes some channels. Now euh, how can I get those channels like Kiosk, Taquilla, Canal +,... back on my sattelite? I know you need to update that card and I bought a smartcard writer/reader and connected it to my PC. On that smartcard there is this word: Open Platform. I think this isn't a good card.

Now what files/ updates do I need to perform to get those channels back online? I would like to have Hallmark Canal + first. I know they are decoded in Media*uard 2 and S*ca 2. From what I read I know that S*ca 2 is never gonna get good anymore. But as Hallmark, Canal +, Taquilla are in Media*uard 2 there has to be a solution for them?

Thanks for reading this and I hope you are willing to help a n00b. :) If I can get at least 100 channels back up like FOX etc that would be already a big deal for me.

Many thanks!

psats

Reaction score
ScOrPo said:
I need help...
things are changeing fast now it will be best if you learn to update the patch
in the box.useing nullmodem cable connected to pc
as for the chnls in {s2./is media,2} via2./ they are not available at the moment.
:)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi ScOrPo,
Personally I don't own a Humax, but from information I've read, and what little I understood, I think your receiver is patched and so only requires the updates and the card you mentioned, which sounds like a fun card.
If you visit ths web site:
w*w.sat-key.org/http://www.sat-key.org/
Click on the Receiver files link in the left hand pane, and then on the Humax link, not the link to the right but the actual word Humax, this will give you access to lots of files including some useful how to files.
I hope this will open a few channels for you.
Merry Christmas
Mickha

ScOrPo

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. But what patch are you talking about psats?

Can't find any help files to install ToH 3.3 tho...

ScOrPo

Reaction score
I just did some searching and I found out how to get ToH 3.3 on it. Now only the keys I don't know how to start with them.

psats

Reaction score
ScOrPo said:
I just did some searching and I found out how to get ToH 3.3 on it. Now only the keys I don't know how to start with them.

you need sammy edit ..then just load new bin file via cable and make sure its set in menu toh/ config /caid prest/ to card+emu

abbatimyaro

Reaction score
I advised you to buy a new HUMAX first b4 you start as you are experimenting cos patching a humax has to do with bootloader version, system id which you are to check b4 you start.
Or maybe my group can help better, the new fix for humax is there go:- http://group.yahoo.com/group/all-digisoft
Regards, Blockhead

ScOrPo

Reaction score
Bying a new one? Too expensive. I'd rather stick with these 20 channels I have left...