80CM FIXED SINGLE LNB DISH
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
Dear All,

I have a Humax PVR 8100CI. It was aimed at hotbird13 degrees east. Now the programme provider decided to use eurobird 9deg east to beam the package)(-red. I am trying to tune the STB, but there is no details of Eurobird in the programme menu. Can somebody please tell me how to update the STB, so that I can tune in eurobird?
many thanks in advance.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Firstly it would assist everybody if you filled out your equipment and profile details regarding where you are and what size dish you have etc, what programmes/package you are trying to receive

As you have not mentioned doing it I would also suggest you move your dish to point to 9 deg East otherwise you will never get it.

I would imagine your stb/pvr is no different to anyone elses so you would mark the position of the dish in its current position using white paint or liquid paper, then on the stb select the frequency, polarity, SR and fec details and input them to your stb, rotate the dish until a fraction further west than what it is now and very slightly up a bit. Flexing the dish may also achieve the desired result which you can then make permanent by slackening the bolts of the dish and rotating the dish to the desired position.

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
Many thanks for the reply Topper. I tried to move the dish as you said, but not getting any joy. In my STB there are predefined satellites, but no Eurobird. I tried 'user defined' and entered all the details. It shows good quality and strength, but when I tune it the desired channel in not appearing.
I am trying to get this http://no.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=9E&lim=50&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=no&aff=zap (kairali TV).
any suggestions? I was wondering how strong the signal is?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will need to add the satellite, then add the transponder information, then once you have done that, you need to manually move the dish by four degrees to the West until you get a good signal and quality reading in the display from the receiver.

Then you can scan and save.

kuttan71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX PVR 8100 CI
FORTECSTAR PASSION HD+
60CM FIXED DISH
MATRIX RELOADED CAM
IRDETO MPEG4 CAM
VIACESS RED CAM
My Location
CUMBRIA
:) thank you Topper and Rolfw. Had to climb two floors, bitterly cold and windy. But receiving loud and clear (Quality 88, strength 58).

waiting for a dual LNB for receiving hotbird as well.

:):-worship