Humax Upgrade April 1st Joke

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It would appear that there was an April 1st joke in the last Humax upgrade by Planet Hemp, the following taken from Sat City site

He did this to make a statement to the satellite dealers who ask money for patching Humax receivers with his patch.

Some may think this is okay and others may think this is not okay, but ayway we have put online today following options in order for you to enjoy your Humax IRCI 5400 again!!!

- HIC10500 +CAM2002E
New release by Planet Hemp and he claims this version should fix the previous one. We have not tested this one but according to Planet Hemp his 1 April jokes are over now and this should be working!

- HIC10306 +CAM2002D NL FIX
This version works after a short fix and is also with Dutch menu option.

So just to inform you all!

We hope to see Ya soon again at Satcity.nl
Satellite City Team
Your portal to maximum viewing pleasure!
http://www.satcity.nl/

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
My 5400z stopped working yesterday. It was patched with 2002D firmware. Too much of a coincidence?

Wolsty

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No coincidence Wolsty, the story I believe is genuine, the April fool is by the software writer. Apparently the E update solves the problem, but it has also been noted that a simple reboot brings it back up again.

Rolf

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Well, my reboot didn't work. It was the first thing I tried (having learned all my computing skills courtesy of Microsoft). I've now downloaded 2002e and patched the STB. As soon as my wife has stopped watching 'Anne of Green Gables' on terrestrial tv, I'll connect up the box and try it all out.

Wolsty

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Has that film finished yet Wolsty?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Wolstys wife didnt tell him she is actually running a full feature length video containing the complete 39 episodes.

We might get an answer early May, unless Wolsty provides the tea and bikkys on demand.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Yes, all done now. Tea, bikkies and sympathy helped. I've now taught her where to find the weepies on the various TCM channels and she's very pleased with those.

2002e works perfectly so far as I can tell, but I haven't worked through all the channels yet. I followed Bibi Bear's instructions (posted elsewhere on this Board) for upgrading the firmware and settings, using Humbox 4.1 and HCC 1.31 and had no problems whatsoever. The new colour scheme on 2002e is a pleasing blue - much less strident than the red 'moving motor' etc messages on 2002d.

Onward and upward.

Wolsty

:-)