Humax va ace

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax va ace , monoblock, 90 cm dish.
Official Canal Sat card.
A ladder but no one to fix the dish for me.
My Location
London NW
I have just received my new humax va ace + to use with a canal sat card.
I had a humax va before and an x sat receiver. When i put the lnb into the receiver i get no signal at all or it comes and goes all the time, when i try to find channels it say tuning failed. I exactly put the same set up as the other humas, diseqc a and diseqc d, i even tried other combinations, nothing just nothing. Could the receiver be faulty? how can i test it? everytime i put the lnb into the other receiver the signal is very strond. So I do not know what i am doing wrong.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
goldfish said:
I have just received my new humax va ace + to use with a canal sat card.
I had a humax va before and an x sat receiver. When i put the lnb into the receiver i get no signal at all or it comes and goes all the time, when i try to find channels it say tuning failed. I exactly put the same set up as the other humas, diseqc a and diseqc d, i even tried other combinations, nothing just nothing. Could the receiver be faulty? how can i test it? everytime i put the lnb into the other receiver the signal is very strond. So I do not know what i am doing wrong.

Hi,and welcome to Satellites.
Please could you provide a bit more detail of your setup.

For example, is this a motorised dish or fixed? Is there more than one LNB?, what are they setup for? What satellite is the canal sat card used on?( As there are a number of packages withe a similar name on various satellites). What sized dish is it?

What were your settings on the other receiver?
Do you have the correct LNB setting, i.e Universal.?

Robbo:)

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Official Canal Sat card.
My Location
London NW
Robbo71 said:
Hi,and welcome to Satellites.
Please could you provide a bit more detail of your setup.

For example, is this a motorised dish or fixed? Is there more than one LNB?, what are they setup for? What satellite is the canal sat card used on?( As there are a number of packages withe a similar name on various satellites). What sized dish is it?

What were your settings on the other receiver?
Do you have the correct LNB setting, i.e Universal.?

Robbo:)

I have a fixed dish (90cm), a dual lnb, one for astra and one for hotbird.
i am currently using a mediaguard receiver for canal sat on astra, i also watch free to air channels on hotbird and astra.

i have to change receiver as canal sat is now viaccess.

i have put diseqc a and d but it does not work, i also trie dother combinations, it's on universal lnb.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
goldfish said:
i have put diseqc a and d but it does not work, i also trie dother combinations, it's on universal lnb.

If you have a monoblock then it has a two-way Diseqc switch inside it.
So I don't understand why you have been selecting A and D, it should be A and B.

Have you tried Hotbird on A and Astra on B, or vice versa, in the Diseqc 1.0 settings?

:)

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Official Canal Sat card.
My Location
London NW
Robbo71 said:
If you have a monoblock then it has a two-way Diseqc switch inside it.
So I don't understand why you have been selecting A and D, it should be A and B.

Have you tried Hotbird on A and Astra on B, or vice versa, in the Diseqc 1.0 settings?

:)

yes, i put a and d because on my previous humax it was the only combination which worked, sometimes the signal comes up but it soon disapears thats why im thinking the receiver could be faulty?

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Official Canal Sat card.
My Location
London NW
goldfish said:
yes, i put a and d because on my previous humax it was the only combination which worked, sometimes the signal comes up but it soon disapears thats why im thinking the receiver could be faulty?

Any ideas?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
goldfish said:
Any ideas?

Sounds like there is something fishy going on with the Diseqc switch. Maybe there's something wrong with the monoblock, as A and D is not right. Did you try what I suggested above?

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Official Canal Sat card.
My Location
London NW
Robbo71 said:
Sounds like there is something fishy going on with the Diseqc switch. Maybe there's something wrong with the monoblock, as A and D is not right. Did you try what I suggested above?

I will play again with it, but how can i test my receiver to see if the lnb connector is not faulty?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
goldfish said:
I will play again with it, but how can i test my receiver to see if the lnb connector is not faulty?

Getting a good signal on it would prove it. I thought you said it was working on one of the satellites? OK. Are you getting both bands and H and V polarisations?

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Official Canal Sat card.
My Location
London NW
Robbo71 said:
Getting a good signal on it would prove it. I thought you said it was working on one of the satellites? OK. Are you getting both bands and H and V polarisations?

i have 2 other receiver , and they work fine. what tool can i ise to see if the receiver is not faulty

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
goldfish said:
i have 2 other receiver , and they work fine. what tool can i ise to see if the receiver is not faulty

I don't know of any, I'm just a hobbyist. The way I test things is by substitution. It is possible that the Diseqc1.0 in the receiver is not working correctly. Can you pick any thing up on it, both High and low bands?, this would confirm if the 22kHz tone is at least working.

EDIT,

Another thing I just thought of, maybe the LNB isn't Disecq compatible, and only supports miniDiSEqC, in which case you maye have to use the Tone Burst A or B to select each side of the monoblock.

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Official Canal Sat card.
My Location
London NW
Robbo71 said:
I don't know of any, I'm just a hobbyist. The way I test things is by substitution. It is possible that the Diseqc1.0 in the receiver is not working correctly. Can you pick any thing up on it, both High and low bands?, this would confirm if the 22kHz tone is at least working.

EDIT,

Another thing I just thought of, maybe the LNB isn't Disecq compatible, and only supports miniDiSEqC, in which case you maye have to use the Tone Burst A or B to select each side of the monoblock.

Apparently i have disquec 1.0 and 1.2 what does that mean

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
goldfish said:
Apparently i have disquec 1.0 and 1.2 what does that mean

DiSEqC 1.0 is for switching, up to 4 positions, DiSEqC 1.2 is for controlling motors.:)

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Official Canal Sat card.
My Location
London NW
I managed to do it!!!!! I had to put lnb power "on", i put it on A and B, funny that on my old humax it's not on b but on D. Thanks for your patience.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
goldfish said:
I managed to do it!!!!! I had to put lnb power "on", i put it on A and B, funny that on my old humax it's not on b but on D. Thanks for your patience.

That's OK, Yes very patient me.:-rofl2

Yeah, still can't figure out why you would have had A and D on it.:-rofl2

goldfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Official Canal Sat card.
My Location
London NW
Robbo71 said:
That's OK, Yes very patient me.:-rofl2

Yeah, still can't figure out why you would have had A and D on it.:-rofl2

Last question to the master: what is lnb power?