Humax vaci freecam- Wot is it

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Is there a freecam available for Humax VACI & If so what is it capable of and where do i find one?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I think you're confused on some terminology.

"FreeCAM" firmware is specifically for use in a series-1 Irdeto CI CAM - and this, like any other CI CAM, can be used in the machine you mention. The function of FreeCAM is to emulate an Irdeto smartcard. More recently, the FreeCAM2 variant was created which as well as smartcard emulation also allows the reception of other encryption systems when used with a suitably programmed card.

Then there is a much talked-about patch for some Humax machines - specifically the Humax 5400. That is a software patch for the embedded Irdeto CAM. But it has nothing to do with a FreeCAM. IE it does not incorporate an Irdeto smartcard emulator. What it does do is allow the second fucntion I mentioned - namely the reception of non-Irdeto encryption systems (Mediaguard & Viaccess).
But that patch is not applicable to the embedded Viaccess of the machine you mention, if that is what you were getting at.

2old

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Yes thanks, i was looking to see if a simple download/upgrade could make my viaccess into multi.
You have been very helpful if not dissapointing :-(