Humbox 4.1

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I've successfully used Humbox 4.1 with Windows 98 since 2001, However, I've recently installed Windows XP Professional and, whilst Humbox loads, opens files and uploads from the 5400, it won't download to the STB. Anyone recognise the problem? Any recommendations on how to get it to runcorrectly or for alternative software?

:confused

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Why not try running it in windows 98 Compatibility mode!!

Right click on Humbox and click the "Compatibility" Tab, Select run this program in compatibility mode- "Windows 98"

Should then work like running under windows 98.

Chris.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I've right clicked the icon, but can't see a compatability tab in the drop-down menu.

:(

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Click properties from the first list, then you should see the Compatibility Tab.

Chris.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
@ Chris

Sorry, Chris, I'm struggling with this. We are discussing version 4.1, aren't we? I right click the icon, click properties and find myself with 2 tabs: shortcut and general. Compatability is not on either.

:(

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
This is windows XP i'm talking about, works with all my programs on my desktop. If i right click any icon on my desktop and select properties, then Compatibility Tab. I have the option to run in Windows 98 Compatibility mode!!

I dont use Humbox , but this should work with all software.

chris.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
@ Chris

You're right. It is XP I'm using and when I right click any of the icons EXCEPT Humbox I get the compatibility tab. Humbox obviously isn't aware of this development.

Thanks anyway for a useful bit of information.

:) :) :)

moz1uk

Reaction score
My Location
Coventry
Have you changed the receiver model in the options menu. I forgot to do this and the same thing happened to me.

Also, do you know how to use the Compare option for new services?

Moz1uk.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
@Moz1uk

I changed nothing when I upgraded to XP. I've just checked Humbox and the receiver is correctly identified as a 5400z, so no luck there. Are you running XP?

I've never used compare and haven't a clue how to. Am I missing something?

I found away around the problem by using SatEditOAKV3. It works,but it's by no means as sophisticated as Humbox.

Thanks for the suggestions.

:) :)

moz1uk

Reaction score
My Location
Coventry
Yes, I am running XP Professional and it seems ok with my Humax VA-CI 5300.

Moz1uk.

tobyman6

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me where I can download Humbox 4.1 from.

Regards,
Toby.

bigcharlie

Reaction score
hi

Great Humax stuff here http://www.la-cafetera.com/humax.htm

For program compatibility please loacate program compatibility wizard form menu... Accessories . Run the wizard and follow onscreen instructions.

Have not tried this for Humbox. But most progs work

Thanks and good luck

dave77

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax
wolsty said:
I've successfully used Humbox 4.1 with Windows 98 since 2001, However, I've recently installed Windows XP Professional and, whilst Humbox loads, opens files and uploads from the 5400, it won't download to the STB. Anyone recognise the problem? Any recommendations on how to get it to runcorrectly or for alternative software?

:confused
YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE VERSIE HUMAX TOLBOX BECAUSE I' M USING THE SAME, I D'ONT HAVE ANY TROUBLE WITH, BUT FIRST TRY THE NEW VERSION FOR HUMAX THAT IS HUMAX TOH3[1]3 HOT PLUGGED.

i WISH YOU GOOD LUCK BUT IT IS SO EASY