Hydra Lucien

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
The most recent Hydra has some nice features and looks easy to use. I want to get over an obstacle before trying others.

There is a brief but clear install guide on the Hydra site which covers the steps. But I am damned if I can get anything but a single default soft cam (radegast beta13) even when it says it has 4 installed. The guide suggests the 3 basic ones that are best. Putting too many in fills /var and causes crashes.

So has anyone got this bit working as it should? (Ive heard probl mentioned elsewhere but not the solution).

I am sure that this image does everything automatically, like upacking and putting in right directories, so I would be suprised if there were bin files that needed chmod to 755.

Suggestions please will be gratefully recvd.

Its interesting that the guide suggests checking for new control panel daily.
O-no

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:
The most recent Hydra has some nice features and looks easy to use. I want to get over an obstacle before trying others.

There is a brief but clear install guide on the Hydra site which covers the steps. But I am damned if I can get anything but a single default soft cam (radegast beta13) even when it says it has 4 installed. The guide suggests the 3 basic ones that are best. Putting too many in fills /var and causes crashes.

So has anyone got this bit working as it should? (Ive heard probl mentioned elsewhere but not the solution).

I am sure that this image does everything automatically, like upacking and putting in right directories, so I would be suprised if there were bin files that needed chmod to 755.

Suggestions please will be gratefully recvd.

Its interesting that the guide suggests checking for new control panel daily.
O-no
Hi Haggard
I loaded the latest hydra lucien image 1.082. When i downloaded the image I went into the hydra control centre and in the download keys area i got marys key bundle 25.09...cardManie softcam.Key...BykSat-SoftCam Key. In the Down load Softcam area i got Newcamd,CAMD3v3.664, CAMX v1.10,EVOCAMDv2.7, MGCAMDv29.07.2004, SCAM v31.08,SCAMV12.09, XCAMDv2.0...
Downloaded Marys keys & Newcamd & viewing Kiosk,TPS,Multivisions, C+. It downloaded the keys and cams auto no problem. Just had to use the green button thats all. Sometimes it freezes but a reboot sorts that out. Must say its pretty easy to use once you get round it. Loaded sats manually and everything is up and running fine now. Installed Hard Drive 160gb today and it formatted it for me with no problems.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hi Haggard,
When you get the screen showing the default cam and the "4 installed" message, have you tried pussing the left/right keys to select a different cam?
Then press green to start/save the selection.
(Sorry if this repeats elsewhere!)

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
djlemur said:
Hi Haggard,
When you get the screen showing the default cam and the "4 installed" message, have you tried pussing the left/right keys to select a different cam?
Then press green to start/save the selection.
(Sorry if this repeats elsewhere!)

Thnx there to John and djlemur
Im in London 2day so will try this when I get back.
The Mary's keys I have, after loading most recent control panel are 06010 and not the 2509. The simple guide from the Hydra site suggests Marys followed by Byksat, which I did.
And yet with default cam, (radegast) it does MV and all the standard Fr channels except the TPS cinemas are black. Star is used for foot sometimes so I want that back. But I had just tried OK button to try and select another s-cam. I will try L and R.

PS I dropped in a Maxtor 300GB and the only time I have heard it is the slight click when it starts or shuts down. It has changed the way I view movies. Instead of making DVDs, just keep em there till needed. Only problem is you cant tell diff betwen disk and TX stream and forget its not live sometimes.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
haggard said:
PS I dropped in a Maxtor 300GB and the only time I have heard it is the slight click when it starts or shuts down. It has changed the way I view movies. Instead of making DVDs, just keep em there till needed. Only problem is you cant tell diff betwen disk and TX stream and forget its not live sometimes.
Nice. Running off std internal power supply? Wot was the model no. of the drive?
Once you have a drive, you'll never go back... :)

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
Nice. Running off std internal power supply? Wot was the model no. of the drive?
Once you have a drive, you'll never go back... :)

It's the one at the top of the list of tested HDD on dream-multimedia site
MaXLine II A300J0

I just used the supplied power cable to plug into the motherboard and I dont feel any extra heat, nor hear any whirring noises. The cat hasnt been to sit on it yet, but then 9 out 10 cats prefer AMD processors.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire, UK
haggard said:
...MaXLine II A300J0...
I have one of these to replace the 7200rpm currently in the dreambox.
Will do that one night this week.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
djlemur said:

Ok John and djlemur
I tried that L and R to choose soft cam and now everything is in place. Many thanks.
It was clever of the Hydra programmers to make us use L and R to
change the soft cams instead of pressing OK to bring up the choice and then toggling -- like the base image does!

I still havnt got round to writing the sub-idiots guide to installing disk, but just in case that Maxtor disk is just out of dimension tolerances,
I found I had to leave the plastic cradles in place, drop the HDD with cables plugged in into the cradle and then screw in the "screws of your choice".
Even then, it was necessary to push the HDD as far as it would go towards the front before inserting screws, otherwise the power cable plug would foul the back plate. It does not go in easy.

cheers

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:
Ok John and djlemur
I tried that L and R to choose soft cam and now everything is in place. Many thanks.
It was clever of the Hydra programmers to make us use L and R to
change the soft cams instead of pressing OK to bring up the choice and then toggling -- like the base image does!

I still havnt got round to writing the sub-idiots guide to installing disk, but just in case that Maxtor disk is just out of dimension tolerances,
I found I had to leave the plastic cradles in place, drop the HDD with cables plugged in into the cradle and then screw in the "screws of your choice".
Even then, it was necessary to push the HDD as far as it would go towards the front before inserting screws, otherwise the power cable plug would foul the back plate. It does not go in easy.

cheers

Yes found that the Hdd is very close to the back plate, bending the power wires down. I put screws off db cover into hdd and then slotted it into cradle. will get more soon.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Ahem really stupid question, can you post the (castrated) url of the Hydra?

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hampshire, UK
haggard said:
...It was clever of the Hydra programmers to make us use L and R to change the soft cams instead of pressing OK...
Hmmm, who needs standards, eh?
Glad to hear all is now OK.

David.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
T_G said:
Ahem really stupid question, can you post the (castrated) url of the Hydra?

T_G
This forum has people who are in the Hydra team:-
thhp://sat-industry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13903
i.e. note the personal discussion re Lucien.