Hydra Olympia

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
Hi all,

Just a quick question. Is Hydra Olympia the latest Hydra?
I ask because it looks to be based on the 1.7 firmware. I am using the Atlantis version which is based on the 1.8 firmware and works fine.
When I tried Olympia ( the xxx version ) I cant move my dish or it would appear not even power up the LNB. I have had this before with a couple of images and was wondering if I have an LNB setting wrong. LNB set as type 0 and multi DISECQ positoner selected. Did flash erase after upgrade but get no signal on 1 west even though I left the dish dish there before upgrade and I can see it is still there.

Neil.

MacAddict

Reaction score
BonceChops said:
Hi all,

Just a quick question. Is Hydra Olympia the latest Hydra?
I ask because it looks to be based on the 1.7 firmware. I am using the Atlantis version which is based on the 1.8 firmware and works fine.
When I tried Olympia ( the xxx version ) I cant move my dish or it would appear not even power up the LNB. I have had this before with a couple of images and was wondering if I have an LNB setting wrong. LNB set as type 0 and multi DISECQ positoner selected. Did flash erase after upgrade but get no signal on 1 west even though I left the dish dish there before upgrade and I can see it is still there.

Neil.

the xxx version is based on 1.07, the 'normal' is 1.08. I am using it at the moment. If found better than atlantis in stability and speed.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
So do I want this file then hydra7000_olympis.img ?

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
nope that did not work. :confused

Still no power to the LNB. O-no

Back to Atlantis for me :(

Any ideas anyone ??

MacAddict

Reaction score
BonceChops said:
nope that did not work. :confused

Still no power to the LNB. O-no

Back to Atlantis for me :(

Any ideas anyone ??
I am sorry I dont know about motrised setups but that imgae is based on 1.08

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
I got this working finally.

After flashing the image and doing the flash erase like before, I reloaded my saved data from my PC. After restoring the satellite positions all worked. It looks like I need to change a setting for the LNB when I 1st flash the image to make it work.

When I restore my settings from PC the correct change is restored. I have no idea what it is that I had wrong - any ideas??

Also how do I save the stored satellite positions so I don't have to keep manually programming them when I flash an image?
They must be saved in a file somewhere but I can't find it.

Neil

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Try /var/etc/satellites.xml :)

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
Try /var/etc/satellites.xml :)
That dosn't seem to save the satellite positions - it is backed up by dreamboxedit which is what I used.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, it does. Not sure if there's also something else stored on the Dreambox (but I don't think so), but the XML file contains all the information required.

It doesn't have to be used with dreamboxedit. I personally don't like DBE, and would rather edit manually for small changes, and download a new version from the forums for larger changes.

You can also generate one automatically from the dreambox using one of the built in functions.

You can open the file in your browser and have a look at it.

STICK