Hypothetically, what would happen...

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
... if the owner and administrator of a high-traffic website passed away? :confused

For example, if Mr. Head honcho expired (erm, let's say a runaway BBC OB truck accident with the dish breaking off and making a Chris pancake (only an example remember!!! I hope!!!) :D ), would this forum be able to continue without him or would it have to close down? :confused

I've only just thought about this, it's easy to understand when it comes to a company's website which has shareholders and all that, but what about private websites that only one person owns? :confused

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
*Paints a dish on his forehead and cries* You can take away our Chrises but you'll never take away our Foruuuuuuuum!!!

Actually, you got it all wrong - there is no Chris. Chris is a cyber-being set up by a group of satellite enthusiasts to fight for the freedom of TV. There are a lot of small, losely coordinated independant cells of satellite freak fighters all over the world who control the forum.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No idea what would happen, but not something I tend to think about, I'm sure Chris will be comforted that you're concerned with his welfare. ;)