I’ve cooked my 1 month old Dreambox HELLP

Dr.Roamtic

Reaction score
I’ve never thought this would happen to me (at least not this soon). I’ve received my DB7000s about a month ago. Last night I’ve tried to reflash my DB after facing a freeze which cased the box to lose its sat lnb configuration making the channels unavailable. I tried to reset the lnb configurations but couldn’t and sometimes my box would freeze. It was going to be my 3rd flash but this time I wasn’t concentrating on what I was doing. This time I tried to flash it (using flash wizard pro 4.5b) with the box turned on (not on standby as I did before) I don’t know maybe this caused the flash process to stop at 41% of “writing and verifying Cramfs memory partition” I tried pinging my DB ip and had a timeout error.

I turned to my dreambox as it was on and checked the connection setting but everything was set properly. This leaved me no chance but to try restarting my box as I thought that if I didn’t flash erase it I would still have my old “service no found” yet connectable image but all I had was the hydra_zuse booting logo and that is it. Now I can’t connect to DB through LAN.

I’m very frustrated. Is there a way to have my dreambox up back. Would I be able to flash it through null cable? Is there a way to have it at least back to its original image?

Please. I need your help

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
If your box is still starting and shows the dreamBox logo before freezing your bootloader should be OK.

Use the null modem Ethernet crossover cable and follow the instructions in the manual and load the base image 1.08.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
If your box is still starting and shows the dreamBox logo before freezing your bootloader should be OK.

Use the null modem Ethernet crossover cable and follow the instructions in the manual and load the base image 1.08.

Just to confirm Dr R, It is very hard to destroy a DB just by trying to flash it. If the LCD comes on, stop sweating, its going to be OK. You might need the trusty serial null modem cable. I had to use it three times in my first week but havnt touched it since. Read the guides and reflash with null modem but do the image erase first, then new image, then flash erase . . . .
Let us know how you got on.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Folks,

And if I can add my favourite bit to this.
Once your box is back up and running again Dr.R set it up for multiboot on a 128/256MB memory stick using FlashWizard 4.5b and stop all this dodgy flashing of images to DB internal memory.
Use the '1.08.2-1 public beta' image in DB internal flash (find it with Google, install it with FW4.5b). Format and mount the USB stick with FW4.5b.
Then you can play with many images in USB with little chance of the current problem occuring.

Good luck with the null modem & DreamUp recovery (and with subsequent multiboot setup).

73 & happy dreaming.

Dr.Roamtic

Reaction score
Life looks brighter now. I’m a bit busy this week. My med-year exam is on Wednesday. So I’ll just unplug my box for now.

Two items are on my shopping list for the coming weekend. A null modem and a usb stick any suggestion for the later? I have the crossover cable but still no connection when i turne my box on.

Thanks to everyone

Dr.Roamtic

Reaction score
speeking about usb sticks. i once tried to use my usb ImageMate MS PRO memory stick reader on the dreambox but couldn't manage to get it to work. the led light on the reader would come off but wasn't able to mount my sony MS. any ideas.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Dr.Roamtic said:
Life looks brighter now. I’m a bit busy this week. My med-year exam is on Wednesday. So I’ll just unplug my box for now.

Two items are on my shopping list for the coming weekend. A null modem and a usb stick any suggestion for the later? I have the crossover cable but still no connection when i turne my box on.

Thanks to everyone

This happened me too. Bought the cas 2 thought i needed it. But the null done the job. About USB there is a thread on the usb and some good info there. No all usb sticks do the job & what i can remember dont format it in windows.