I cant find out...

pant

Reaction score
Hello to everyone

I just bought a dreambox 5620 and I am still happy for that but I have go through the idiots guide and not only but I still cant find out if I can upload keys through the null modem cable or I need to establish a connection through my ethernet card.Maybe the answer is already posted but sorry I cant find it.
Sorry for my english

Thank you

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
pant said:
Hello to everyone

I just bought a dreambox 5620 and I am still happy for that but I have go through the idiots guide and not only but I still cant find out if I can upload keys through the null modem cable or I need to establish a connection through my ethernet card.Maybe the answer is already posted but sorry I cant find it.
Sorry for my english

Thank you

The best way to do it is if you have ethernet connection for a beginner. What image have you loaded. Can you connect to the dbox via ethernet.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Pant

Not having a Drambox connected to the computer with a LAN makes it almost unatractive. The whole thing really works nice and fast with LAN. All other methods are slow, and especially with a 5620 wherre there is ano HD and multiboot with sticks....What is the problem you have connecting it by LAN to the computer?

pant

Reaction score
T_G said:
Hi Pant

Not having a Drambox connected to the computer with a LAN makes it almost unatractive. The whole thing really works nice and fast with LAN. All other methods are slow, and especially with a 5620 wherre there is ano HD and multiboot with sticks....What is the problem you have connecting it by LAN to the computer?
Thank you all for you answers.
No my problem was that I am living in an island in Greece and it was difficult to find a cross over cable for a direct connection.But now I have it (I had to go in another island to get it)
and everything is fine thanks to the usefull guide of T_G and the usefull instructions at the doom9 site.Thank you for this guys.
Now i have load the angharad img and I want a suggestion about which is the best image for the 5620?
Also with this image (angharad) I cannot see multi and polsat

Thank you again

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
pant said:
Thank you all for you answers.
No my problem was that I am living in an island in Greece and it was difficult to find a cross over cable for a direct connection.But now I have it (I had to go in another island to get it)
and everything is fine thanks to the usefull guide of T_G and the usefull instructions at the doom9 site.Thank you for this guys.
Now i have load the angharad img and I want a suggestion about which is the best image for the 5620?
Also with this image (angharad) I cannot see multi and polsat

Thank you again

Good news!
Regarding images, you will find there are as many opinions as therre are images. I personally am VERY happy with the SF image, it seems to be the most stable of the current crop and also works splendid with my SG motor. The Hydra eems to be good as well, just go out and play :D